HiFi Tuning Fuses

trip1

HiFi Tuning Fuses
« on: 10 Jul 2016, 03:20 pm »
I have the Odyssey Stratos 2 channel amp and Im looking to replace my fuses with the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses.
The fuses come with a directional arrow on the fuses. Can someone tell me which direction they must be installed?

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: HiFi Tuning Fuses
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2016, 03:25 am »
Deleted.

trip1

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2016, 12:26 am »
why?

srb

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2016, 12:45 am »
why?

Probably didn't feel comfortable giving advice on electrical safety devices that have no electrical testing or certifications.  Nevermind the oxymoron of directionality in bi-directional alternating current applications.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2016, 12:48 am »
Let's be careful, gentlemen. This could go badly quickly.

Doc

GentleBender

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2016, 11:24 am »
I have the Odyssey Stratos 2 channel amp and Im looking to replace my fuses with the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses.
The fuses come with a directional arrow on the fuses. Can someone tell me which direction they must be installed?
I would give Klaus a call to be certain. He is always happy to help and he would have the best answer.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2016, 07:51 pm »
Let's be careful, gentlemen. This could go badly quickly.

Doc

But doesn't this almost DEMAND a response?  :icon_twisted: 

I know... I know... just resist....  :nono:

tripwr1964

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2016, 01:10 pm »
no one on this forum will give you a straight answer on this one, or more likely no one knows.

just put them in one way for a bit then switch them the other direction.  there are only 5 in each amp.  the possibilities are endless (almost).  after a couple of switches you'll give up and forget about them.... thats what i've done.   :lol:

sebrof

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2016, 08:28 pm »
I've never used them so don't know for sure, but I believe there is no correct/incorrect orientation. The arrows are just there to help you remember which way you had it in for when you reverse it and listen. Some people believe they sound better one way vs. the other.

I think...not 100% sure though.

Enjoy :)

RDavidson

« Reply #9 on: 3 Oct 2016, 03:01 am »
Forget HiFi Tuning fuses and get Furutech. Furutech makes some of the very best audio connectors and accessories, AND their fuses are tested / certified. Keep in mind the primary purpose of a fuse is to protect your gear....and possibly your home.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #10 on: 3 Oct 2016, 03:39 am »
Hey Trip,

man,  sorry about the oversight....yes, directionality is important for the internal fuses,  and it should read / go  from the center of the board towards the heatsinks / outputs.....with the external fuse, play around........

Late,

Klaus