MBOW1's soon be in the house !

starkiller

MBOW1's soon be in the house !
« on: 7 Sep 2016, 11:25 pm »
Well, went and bought them off here at AudioCircle and am anxious to hear how they sound in my near field/desk top system.  Here's hoping they sound better then the desktop speaker journey so far...getting very expensive trying to find just the right sound.  Started with Scandyna Micropods...then Blumenstein Mini Orca's...then Peachtree DS4.5's...followed by Totem DreamCatchers....then ERA D5's and lastly with the original Silverline Minuetes.  Of all those the Silverline's sound the best to me.

Looking forward to this but  hoping this is the end of the desktop speaker journey :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: MBOW1's soon be in the house !
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2016, 12:02 am »
I feel for you. Enjoy the journey.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2016, 01:44 am »
Well, went and bought them off here at AudioCircle and am anxious to hear how they sound in my near field/desk top system.  Here's hoping they sound better then the desktop speaker journey so far...getting very expensive trying to find just the right sound.  Started with Scandyna Micropods...then Blumenstein Mini Orca's...then Peachtree DS4.5's...followed by Totem DreamCatchers....then ERA D5's and lastly with the original Silverline Minuetes.  Of all those the Silverline's sound the best to me.

Looking forward to this but  hoping this is the end of the desktop speaker journey :)

That's quite a collection.   What sorts of things bothered you about these speakers?   You don't have to name names (though I'm kind of curious about the Totems). 

starkiller

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2016, 01:52 am »
Well, compared to the Silverlines to the DreamCatchers and D5's seemed way too closed in, very dark.  At least to my ears and my system which I guess is what counts.  That is what kinda sold me on the MBow1's, reading how open and airy they are....

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2016, 01:55 am »
The Silverlines are a fine speaker to listen to; they could actually fill a small room with sound pretty well.  I would call them smooth, but not as much airy.  Congratulations on the new speakers coming in!  I hope they get you where you want to be. :)

starkiller

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2016, 07:40 pm »
Got the MBOW1's the other day.  Absolutely beautiful cabinet work!  Now getting a handle on positioning and such in my desktop setup.  Much bigger then the Silverlines I had so had to move some things around.  Also trying to decide about toeing in or not along with what to use to couple them to my glass desk....however, the sound is very very nice indeed :)