ss7

JB481

ss7
« on: 7 Mar 2013, 07:57 pm »
   Hello everyone.  I have been lurking for a long time and have decided to take the plunge and obtain a pair of Salk's.  I was considering HT2 TL but saw that a pair of SS7 (M7's with 2 woofers) has become available.  I have a 26x15x9 dedicated music/theater room without any treatments.  I am currently using b&w 603 s3's as my main fronts and am driving them with denon 3312.  I have a b&w lcr 600 s3 as a center.  I am using b&w dipoles as side surrounds and bang & olufsen rl 60's as rear surrounds.  I have an old Velodyne sub (big and boomy). 
   I use my system for about 50/50 movies and music (everything from classical to rock but not very loud).  I don't like to play movies very loud.  My current system seems to play loud enough. My biggest reason for upgrade is that I do not like the rather harsh highs of the mains with music.  I play music through an ipod via usb or from my computer through air play.   I know that my electronics are not great but wanted to start upgrading with a good pair of front speakers.  I am wondering if the ss7's would be better than the HT2 TL for my purposes.  Also will I need to get a separate amp to power the fronts.
  Sorry for the long post.  I hope you can help me out.  I know that it would be best to hear them myself but I don't believe that will be possible. 

Thanks JB