Coffee colored GIK traps

Vaughan

Coffee colored GIK traps
« on: 12 Apr 2009, 08:18 am »
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone has pictures of the coffee colored traps. I haven't seen many pictures. I've ordered 4 tri-traps for the two front corners, 3 244 traps for first reflection duties and I was thinking of getting 2 monster traps behind the listening position. All traps except the Monsters are in off-white.

So I was thinking of using two colors, since my couch is an chocolate brown, I was thinking of the coffee finish for the rear. I've heard that the coffee color has changed somewhat and isn't the same as it used to be. So I was hoping perhaps someone would have the new batch and have a couple of pics. Any pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

Going from no acoustic treatment to what I'm getting is going to be a huge upgrade, I'm sure.  :thumb:

Regards,

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Coffee colored GIK traps
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2009, 09:12 am »
Welcome to AC, Vaughan! :thumb:  Yes, adding your first acoustic treatments may well be the single greatest upgrade you ever make.  Hope you like the GIKs and enjoy AC.

Vaughan

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2009, 09:31 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, I can't wait to get my acoustic treatment. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when I get them.

Regards,

face

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2009, 05:03 am »
Excuse the mess.  :oops:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2009, 05:28 am »
face:

Nice looking room.  The coffee is a nice color for the panels, too.  But where is the mess?   :lol:

Vaughan

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2009, 07:36 am »
Thanks for the pics Face !  :thumb:

Regards,
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2009, 08:57 am by Vaughan »

Vaughan

« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2009, 08:56 am »
Face,

Are those 244 or 242 panels ?

Regards,

face

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2009, 04:24 pm »
244's behind the speakers, Monster Bass Traps in the corners. 

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2009, 04:42 pm »
I spoke with Glenn and the color of the coffee has indeed changed due to supplier issues.  If you want, PM me and we'll send you out a sample of the current color.  On the other hand, the off-white would look good in your room too to kind of change things up a bit with a little variety.

Let me know what you want to do.

Bryan

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2009, 04:48 pm »
Hey face, you don't know what a mess is,,, come on over this bachelor's man cave and I'll show you what a mess should look like. :rotflmao: That's my way of saying you have an awesome looking room face, I love the general texture of the room as it's contrasted by those coffee colored panels. Very sharp indeed! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Rob S.

« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2009, 05:35 pm »
face:
     That's a good looking room, has good WAF.  Coffee color looks real nice.

Rob S.

face

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2009, 05:41 pm »
Thanks guys!

I guess the mess I'm referring to are the naked speakers that I was testing.  They should have a nice veneer on them soon. 

Vaughan

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2009, 07:02 pm »
Quote from: bpape
I spoke with Glenn and the color of the coffee has indeed changed due to supplier issues.  If you want, PM me and we'll send you out a sample of the current color.  On the other hand, the off-white would look good in your room too to kind of change things up a bit with a little variety.

Thanks Bryan. I would really appreciate the sample. :thumb:

Regards,

Vaughan

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2009, 02:59 pm »
Face,

So do you have 4 panels in total ? Was the difference night and day after placing treatment ? Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Regards,

face

« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm »
I have 6 all together.

The difference was more than subtle after installing them.  The corner traps helped with low end more than anything else.  The panels behind the speakers made the biggest difference, they helped get rid of room echo.  Lastly, I placed two above the listening position on the back wall.  IMO, they deadened the room too much and I now have them behind my couch, maybe they're helping low end, but doubt it.  I want to experiment a little more though, I may place one horizontally between the picture and my equipment rack. 

I've also been considering GIK's new diffusers for my back wall.