Anti-Audiophile Guy, you are wrong!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Anti-Audiophile Guy, you are wrong!
« Reply #60 on: 7 Feb 2016, 11:06 pm »
Addressing mister anti-audiophile's comment about "no young audiophiles"....

Ha!  We had an audio party yesterday (thanks, Nick!) and about HALF the listeners were under the age of 35!  I was totally shocked!!!!

We listened to detailed music as well as blasting Tool, and even played some sound effects.  We listened to various amps, including the Golden Cherry (yes!) on the little Pioneers (Andrew J design), my custom MTMs (Vifa/Seas), and Nick's homemade horn based speakers (impressive).  Some of the young listeners left after the first few hours, but in the end, it was me and three other listeners, and I was be FAR :cry: the OLDEST one there!

Here's the thread about the party:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140541.0
I'll add photos sometime in the near future....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #61 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:17 pm »
Conversation with a "high end dealer" last week....  This guy makes mister anti-audiophile seem like a teddy bear.  Let me preface this with the fact that I've talked to many dealers about selling Digital Amp Co products, and this guy is NOT TYPICAL.  Most dealers I've talked to are hard working, customer oriented music lovers, and genuinely into audio gear.

This particular guy said: "I don't even listen to the stuff.  I just know what audiophiles want.  Who has time to waste listening to music?  I have an active lifestyle!"

No joke.  This guy also claimed to sell millions worth of equipment per year to people with "more money than brains"!  I'm not worried about him reading this because he said he's not a fan of Audio Circle because that's for "people without money".  He also said that a 40% markup is "bare bones"!

We sell direct, by the way.  That way, you get a lower price, but this hurts our ability to reach new customers.  We know of a few GOOD dealers that may be carrying Digital Amp Co products in the near future.  Thanks for reading.

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #62 on: 19 Jun 2016, 02:42 am »
WOW
What a great post

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2019, 10:34 am by GRACE RUBY »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #63 on: 29 Jul 2016, 12:09 pm »
WOW
What a great post

And its is so interesting that so many posts here turn almost philosophical, religious and poetic,
music is about beauty, it reminds us of the mystical, and the mystical in us, I do see many audiophiles hurt this endeavor tho, many of these folks want very different things and yet use the same words to describe what "Good Is",  for sun light on this, I think it is fare to say some folks who swear they love music really don't love anything except the pursuit of something they have put such high pedistalized hopes on,,, it is never reached.

Nothing sadder then never loving what you own, and, I think it is only important that something hypnotizes us in a healing way, even if the picture is not perfect.

I am most unhappy when folks ask me to go in search of perfection with them in a way that is a mean, cruel and unforgiving route to anywhere, which is also at the whole expense of never arriving.

I want to live beauty now, not in some over idealized future where the perfect speaker many never even be made.

Speaking of beauty....  What a beautifully written explanation of the bottom line.  Great Audio is about Beauty!  Thanks.
-Tommy O

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #64 on: 9 Aug 2016, 07:55 pm »
Sorry

this post moved to

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144805.new#new

nice picture tho.

« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2016, 09:35 pm by GRACE RUBY »