Neotech NES-3002 speaker cable

adol290

Neotech NES-3002 speaker cable
« on: 27 Feb 2015, 03:26 pm »
I was reading a forum on audiogon and they made reference that 

The Sonic Craft website has links to construction diagrams for the neotech NES-3002 bulk cable.

I have been looking at purchasing this cable, but would be interested in seeing some built diagrams first.

Do you still have this information.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
Re: Neotech NES-3002 speaker cable
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2015, 11:59 pm »
I was reading a forum on audiogon and they made reference that 

The Sonic Craft website has links to construction diagrams for the neotech NES-3002 bulk cable.

I have been looking at purchasing this cable, but would be interested in seeing some built diagrams first.

Do you still have this information.

I think they must have been referring to the "construction", not "constructing" like termination.  With that said, I'll look to see if we have some photos taken during termination.  Terminating NES-3002 is very straight forward.  Also note that we will terminate it for you rather reasonably.

adol290

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2015, 03:12 pm »

My only concern was how to strip the outer casing from each individual wire, without damaging the wire, as they are quite thin.

I believe there are 19 wires on on each of the positive an negative.

I also am looking at terminating with some  Banana plugs that are Machined from C14500 93% IACS Tellurium Copper.

I have made quite a few power and speaker cables, but this would be the first time with wire of this type.

I am trying to see how close i can come to a pair if XLO signature 3 speaker cables i own. They are to short for my current setup.

The company is gone now, and interestingly enough the cable construction is with very fine UP-OCC wires.   

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:13 pm »
XLO gone? Not.

adol290

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2015, 05:28 pm »
Ok, i found a dealer in canada. good to know.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2015, 04:15 am »
I have not located those pics as yet (if they even exist), but I'll keep looking.  I'm not sure they will show us actually striping the individual wires.  However, they are solid instead of spread spectrum stranding, so it will be as easy as it can be.  I will concede, it will not be a walk in the park.