NFL Football ('14-'15)

rodge827

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #220 on: 26 Oct 2014, 01:47 am »

Jim, I live in South Jersey, across the river from Philly, in a very nice Xurb.  I love the convenience of having shopping, arts, and movies a short drive away, and still seeing workers picking crops on my way to work. 

And your about 45 mins to the beach!  :D

Gotta love South Jersey  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #221 on: 26 Oct 2014, 02:01 pm »
So a pretty poor week for picks last week, coming out with a push, 4-4,1.  Hopefully this week will be better with some interesting picks.

It doesn't start out good with me taking San Diego and the 8 points on Thursday, predicting Denver winning only 31-27, instead of the 35-21 result, oh well.

In London going on just now I have Detroit over Atlanta 24-19, but I don't like either side or the over/under either, lay off this game.

New England will take Chicago 27-19. the under 51.5 points looks good here.
Kansas City over St Louis 27-16, with KC giving only 7 points I'll take a risk here with KC.
Seattle gets well in Carolina 27-22 taking the over 45 points.
Buffalo is terrible, but not as bad as the Jets, 21-19 Buffalo outright and getting 3 points, I like it.
Baltimore and Cinncy in a 24-24 tie, woopie!  I'll take the over 42.5 points.
The wizeguys like Philadelphia, but I see it 27-25 AZ, but only like the over 48 points.
Indy only gives 3.5 points to the (lucky to beat Houston) Steelers? I'll take Indy 27-21 and give the points all day long.
Finally the hapless Raiders lose to surprising Cleveland 24-15, but I only feel confident about the under 43.5 points.

And the games too close to bet anything on, even virtually.
Tampa Bay wins at home over the Vikes 23-21 in a close one.
Miami beats the finally not winless Jacksonville 24-17.
Houston eaks out a road win over the Titans 23-21.
Green Bay and Rodgers pumps you up over Brees and the Saints in a barnburner, 28-27.
Dallas takes on another duck beating pitiful Washington 30-19.  Wouldn't it be fun to have Colt McCoy pull one out here, it could happen.

Freo-1

« Reply #222 on: 26 Oct 2014, 05:08 pm »
Wow, what a strange game in London.  That's two weeks in a row that Detroit managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. 

This bodes well for the Lions going forward, as they will get back a lot of their weapons in a couple of weeks. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #223 on: 26 Oct 2014, 05:10 pm »
Yeah, a good win for the Lions. And they will only be more dangerous with Megatron's return. They are also playing well enough and have a strong enough record that they don't need to rush that return, which should bode well for them and him in the long term.

jackman

« Reply #224 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:07 pm »
Wow, what a strange game in London.  That's two weeks in a row that Detroit managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. 

This bodes well for the Lions going forward, as they will get back a lot of their weapons in a couple of weeks.

If barely beating really bad teams after being outplayed for most of the game bodes well for a team, today's fugly win was good for the lions.  On the other hand, if they are as good as you say, why aren't they dominating against the league's worst teams. The Falcons are literally one of the worst teams and Detroit needed another last second fieldgoal to steal a victory.

That win was uglier than most of the city of  Detroit.

Freo-1

« Reply #225 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:26 pm »
The city of Chicago is no day at the beach either.   :roll:

The Lions have all three tight ends out, Reggie Bush out, and and Calvin Johnson out as well.  Stafford has been winning without his top weapons.  Cultler can't win with his weapons.  New England is taking the Bears to school as we speak. ( 38-7 at the half)  :o

Nuff said.

roscoeiii

« Reply #226 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:40 pm »
The city of Chicago is no day at the beach either.   :roll:

:o

Nuff said.

Actually Chicago is a great day at the beach.  Should be there instead of watching this game.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #227 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:45 pm »
Not so fast, Freo.
Jay Cutler is just getting warmed up. Watch out in the second half. We Bronco fans still lament the loss of that great QB. Have you noticed that Orton is doing better than Cutler?

Freo-1

« Reply #228 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:47 pm »
Actually Chicago is a great day at the beach.  Should be there instead of watching this game.

Not this area of Chicago...

Freo-1

« Reply #229 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:49 pm »
Not so fast, Freo.
Jay Cutler is just getting warmed up. Watch out in the second half. We Bronco fans still lament the loss of that great QB. Have you noticed that Orton is doing better than Cutler?

:rotflmao: :lol:

Good one. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #230 on: 26 Oct 2014, 07:06 pm »

Not this area of Chicago...

Yeah, that area is a little ways from the beach. But only about  10 blocks from my place.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #231 on: 26 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm »
There's an audio  metaphor in there somewhere.  :lol:
Hey Jerry, Atlanta lost today so yer still in it.  I'm visiting NO in December. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #232 on: 27 Oct 2014, 10:35 am »
A lot of touchdowns yesterday ------ this must have been overall the highest scoring weekend in years.

jackman

« Reply #233 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:52 pm »
Macro, you are probably right.  My fantasy football league had the highest average scores of the year.  Several QB's were off the charts including Rothlesberger who scored over 50 points.  That's the first time I've ever seen a score that high. 

Also, individual players had crazy-high scores, high 30's, etc.  I've never seen that before.  Wait, next week will probably be record low scores.   :duh:

As a Bears' fan, fantasy football gives me a reason to watch games when my team completely sucks.  The Bears did nothing right on Sunday.  They were outplayed on offense, defense and special teams.  They were outcoached and outplayed in every aspect of the game.  At least Jeffrey and Bennett scored lots of fantasy football points (they are both on my team).   :thumb:

vortrex

« Reply #234 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:07 pm »
Wonder who the Lions are going to play in the Super Bowl?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #235 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:13 pm »
The Bears won't be happening- I don't think- without some major changes.  As I don't follow them closely, about you who do telling me/us what needs they haven't addressed.  Their OB?  Coaches?  Seems a shame they haven't done any better than they have over this long of a time.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #236 on: 27 Oct 2014, 09:21 pm »
I think the Bears have moved past the tipping point where they are all but certain to sit out the playoffs. Count on them for a top 10 draft pick.

Freo-1

« Reply #237 on: 27 Oct 2014, 09:24 pm »
Wonder who the Lions are going to play in the Super Bowl?

Good question!  :lol:

Denver (or whoever manages to beat them in the playoffs).  Patriots?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #238 on: 27 Oct 2014, 10:57 pm »
Monday Night Football and it's Dallas at home vs. Washington and Dallas should have a pretty easy time of it based on what I've seen of late.  Their running game has taken pressure off Romo and he's playing mistake free, lights out ball!  Never thought I'd see this.   

Freo-1

« Reply #239 on: 27 Oct 2014, 11:00 pm »
Monday Night Football and it's Dallas at home vs. Washington and Dallas should have a pretty easy time of it based on what I've seen of late.  Their running game has taken pressure off Romo and he's playing mistake free, lights out ball!  Never thought I'd see this.   

Yep.  Dallas has been a surprise, to be sure.  Personally, I would like to see more teams run the football more often.  It's become a lost art in the NFL.