The Mivera Audio Icepower 1200AS Purepower and Purepower SE case thread.

uncola and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 24067 times.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Looks like I’ll also be able to wire the power button LED’s a couple different ways. I could have it so when on it’s one color, then another when in standby. For example with the red/green button, green when on, red in standby. Or I can just have it turn off completely when in standby.

Tomy2Tone

Or how about the light off when it's on?

bavmike

• Facilitator
Or how about the light off when it's on?

I think in order to do that you need to order with no light. Because there’s no mode where power gets cut from the supply powering the LED when the amp is on. Folks who want no light can always just use music coming from the speakers as an audible cue that it’s on. Just make sure your preamp isn’t cranked.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Switches will be here Tuesday. But I need to go back to Vancouver to deal with the cases. So I may need to wait until next weekend to play with them. Anyways I’ll post videos of their operation. And the multiple ways they can be configured. These are pretty cool switches. Made in Switzerland, and have a microprocessor built in.

mresseguie

That was interesting. I ordered my switch color preference with a couple back up colors just in case. Then, after hitting send, I entered my email address. Unfortunately, I typed too fast and typed a slightly wrong address that I could not correct no matter what I tried.

No worries. I'm not concerned, but I thought it worth a heads up for future high speed typists. I figure Mike knows who I am and what my email address is.

Many thanks, Mike.  :thumb:

bavmike

• Facilitator
That was interesting. I ordered my switch color preference with a couple back up colors just in case. Then, after hitting send, I entered my email address. Unfortunately, I typed too fast and typed a slightly wrong address that I could not correct no matter what I tried.

No worries. I'm not concerned, but I thought it worth a heads up for future high speed typists. I figure Mike knows who I am and what my email address is.

Many thanks, Mike.  :thumb:

Don't worry. My website is smart. If you ordered an amp with the same IP address it knows who you are and puts your message in with all your other messages and orders. Regardless if email is provided or not.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong. I got your message but since you put in a wrong email it didn't put together with your order and other messages. You likely didn't get my reply either. 

bavmike

• Facilitator
Looks like about 20 of the 30 multicolor switches are claimed so far.

Tomy2Tone

So how are you guys ordering switches? By email? I've looked over the website and don't see anything in regards to a switch.

bavmike

• Facilitator
So how are you guys ordering switches? By email? I've looked over the website and don't see anything in regards to a switch.

Please read reply #85. Everyone will be getting a switch, but if a request for a specific colour isn't made I will be shipping green. The green switch can do red as well. I might as well share the spec sheet so you guys can see what I mean:

https://www.schurter.com/bundles/snceschurter/epim/_ProdPool_/newDS/en/typ_CPS.pdf

I cleaned up all the available stock of the 16mm latching multicolor with area illumination. So unless you want to wait 9 weeks, the green/red is all that's available.

Tomy2Tone

Please read reply #85

Thanks, and just to be sure I believe you said we don't have to order a switch, correct?

bavmike

• Facilitator
Thanks, and just to be sure I believe you said we don't have to order a switch, correct?

Please see updated last post

orientalexpress

just curious ,did you get my order because i didn't get a reply from my email .

lapley@msn.com

lap

bavmike

• Facilitator
just curious ,did you get my order because i didn't get a reply from my email .

lapley@msn.com

lap

Yes all who sent a message through my contact box I did get.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Comparison of the Furutech IEC inlet’s on the standard and SE:

debjit.g

Mike,

will there be a ground lug/terminal at the back of the chassis. Folks with REL subs and using high level input, REL preferred connection is to use the black wire to the chassis ground for balanced differential amp which I assume the Icepower is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=InWCT4OPQfM

bavmike

• Facilitator
Mike,

will there be a ground lug/terminal at the back of the chassis. Folks with REL subs and using high level input, REL preferred connection is to use the black wire to the chassis ground for balanced differential amp which I assume the Icepower is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=InWCT4OPQfM

Since you have the Furutech power cable and Takachi case, you can put a bolt, star washer and nut in the case hole under the fuseholder. Use that for ground. Either that or drill a hole in the back panel. The chassis is grounded.

debjit.g

yes, I managed to use a chassis screw for now. Is there an option for the ground lug in the newer/SE case ?

bavmike

• Facilitator
yes, I managed to use a chassis screw for now. Is there an option for the ground lug in the newer/SE case ?

I suppose not too late to have another hole drilled. Then I need to buy fancy connectors and add more to the BOM because I don’t like using cheap crap.

debjit.g

I suppose not too late to have another hole drilled. Then I need to buy fancy connectors and add more to the BOM because I don’t like using cheap crap.

You will know better but does the ground lug have to be fancy ?

bavmike

• Facilitator
You will know better but does the ground lug have to be fancy ?

Well if it’s on the rear panel it needs to be nice or will cheapen the rear panel appearance.