W 10 Creator Edition 24/192 driver

*Scotty*

W 10 Creator Edition 24/192 driver
« on: 8 Aug 2017, 04:47 pm »
My HAL MS-2 Music Server has updated to W10 Creator with native 24/192 driver. I can kernal stream all of the media I have including DSD-DSF files at double data rate 128. Quad rate will probably also work if I wanted to use up space on a HD.
 Using jRiver, 24 bit discrete integer must be used with my Auralic Vega or an error pops up saying it ain't gonna happen. Floating point 32 and 24bit are aslo available and may work with different DACs.
 The native 24/192 driver sounds audibly better in my system than the ASIO driver from Auralic.
Larger recreated acoustic space with better depth and greater sense of total immersion in a sound field. Also a clearer window into the recording with less haze in the sound field. YMMV
W10 Creator is more responsive than W10 version 1607, with less lag when executing any instruction via keyboard or mouse click in programs.
Scotty

Phil A

Re: W 10 Creator Edition 24/192 driver
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2017, 05:38 pm »
Thanks for the update and comparison.  I have not tried it yet as I'm behind in stuff.

martinr

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2017, 01:38 am »
I highly recommend using Fidelizer on the server if you are not already...brings out a lot of musical detail....

HAL

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2017, 06:43 am »
Scotty,
Thanks for the update. 

Both the MS-2 and MS-3 here are running the latest Creator version and agree they are running faster.

Will need to try this on the headphone setup USB DAC to try the native 24/192 driver.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2017, 12:47 pm »
My HAL MS-2 Music Server has updated to W10 Creator with native 24/192 driver. I can kernal stream all of the media I have including DSD-DSF files at double data rate 128. Quad rate will probably also work if I wanted to use up space on a HD.
 Using jRiver, 24 bit discrete integer must be used with my Auralic Vega or an error pops up saying it ain't gonna happen. Floating point 32 and 24bit are aslo available and may work with different DACs.
 The native 24/192 driver sounds audibly better in my system than the ASIO driver from Auralic.
Larger recreated acoustic space with better depth and greater sense of total immersion in a sound field. Also a clearer window into the recording with less haze in the sound field. YMMV
W10 Creator is more responsive than W10 version 1607, with less lag when executing any instruction via keyboard or mouse click in programs.
Scotty

Thanks for this feedback. Been trying to tell people to get the Creators Update for a few months now, but it's not getting much notice.