iTube 2 tour sign up *TOUR FULL*

Pez

Re: iTube 2 Audiocircle exclusive tour!
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jan 2017, 09:44 pm »
If you are above this line and did not receive a PM regarding further instructions please PM me and let me know! I'm pretty sure I got everyone, but don't want anyone to fall through the cracks.  :thumb:

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ___________

If you are below this line, please PM me to join the fun! I don't need your address just yet folks, just your general location.  :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2017, 08:20 am »

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ___________

If you are below this line, please PM me to join the fun! I don't need your address just yet folks, just your general location.  :thumb:

But not too many!  :lol: I've seen these tours before and they can take forever!!!

Is there going to be a limit? Or would you send out 2?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jan 2017, 01:14 pm »
Here's the room/system that I'll be auditioning in:

And a close up of the DAC/preamp/DSP with it's power supply and mono-blocks:

Pez

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jan 2017, 02:46 pm »
But not too many!  :lol: I've seen these tours before and they can take forever!!!

Is there going to be a limit? Or would you send out 2?

We are limiting to two units for now. If you're already on the list you are first up to receive it so don't sweat it!

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jan 2017, 02:48 pm »
Here's the room/system that I'll be auditioning

And a close up of the DAC/preamp/DSP with it's power supply and mono-blocks:

Oh ya, this is EXACTLY the type of setup the iTube2 loves to be in. Simple but excellent.  :thumb:

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #25 on: 27 Jan 2017, 05:35 am »
If there's ever a Canadian leg of the tour (or if the last guy on the American tour happens to live near the border and can skip over to avoid all the customs hassles), I'd be interested in trying this out.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #26 on: 27 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm »
I'm a 1.5 hour drive from Sarnia ON, but it's a big border.  Where are you located?

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #27 on: 27 Jan 2017, 07:27 pm »
I'm in Winnipeg. The only thing close to here is... Grand Forks. Maybe Minneapolis if I go another 6 hours.

Shipping anything to Winnipeg sucks hard, because our customs port is also a training centre, so they get *super* picky and flag absolutely everything with fees and taxes. I once bought some small bookshelves and the customs officer decided "looks too nice, must be new" and forced me to declare a price higher than what I'd actually paid.

Which is why I ask if there's already one in Canada, or if whoever's near a border would be able to skip over and ship it out on the Canadian side. But no worries if that's not convenient for anyone.

JakeJ

« Reply #28 on: 28 Jan 2017, 02:38 pm »
Hello Pez,

I am very interested in tryng this unit out.  I would place it between pre and power amp.

Associated gear:

Sources-
SOTA Sapphire with SME M-9 and Dynavector D173
CEC TL-51X silver disc transport
Apple Mac Mini (2011)
Metrum Acoustics HEX DAC
Naim Nat-05

Preamps-
Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp that has balanced pre outs
Soon to be replaced by a Pass Labs XP-20

Amplification-
Pass Labs X350.5

Speakers-
Professional Monitor Company EB1i

Cabling-
Jena Labs Symphony (between pre and power)
Cardas Golden Cross (rest of system)

Thanks for the opportunity!
JakeJ

jk@home

« Reply #29 on: 28 Jan 2017, 02:59 pm »
Hopefully there will be some folks on the tour who already own the 1st gen iTube, and can compare the two. I have tried several tube buffers, and found the original iTube to sound the best.

JakeJ

« Reply #30 on: 28 Jan 2017, 03:08 pm »
I don't own the first gen iTube but know someone who does and am negotiating to borrow it as it is not being used right now. :thumb:

underdog64

« Reply #31 on: 28 Jan 2017, 03:43 pm »
I believe the original Itube has the digital antidote technology and the mark 2 version does not.I'm.
 Trying to get that  confirmed from someone

Pez

« Reply #32 on: 29 Jan 2017, 04:02 pm »
The new iTube2 does not have digital antidote.  :thumb:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #33 on: 30 Jan 2017, 12:46 am »
If there's a spot left I'll hop on board the tour.

I'd like to try it in my home system which consists of a Sonore microRendu>Lampizator Atlantic>Melody AN845>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2017, 02:14 am by Tomy2Tone »

groovybassist

« Reply #34 on: 30 Jan 2017, 06:46 pm »
I'm interested!

Will slot the iTube 2 between my Mojo Audio DAC and Karan amp.  Will it add some tube goodies to my entirely solid state rig?  We shall see!

-Mike

brother love

« Reply #35 on: 30 Jan 2017, 11:19 pm »
Hopefully there will be some folks on the tour who already own the 1st gen iTube, and can compare the two. I have tried several tube buffers, and found the original iTube to sound the best.

I requested to be on the tour today & I have a 1st gen iTube.

Pez

« Reply #36 on: 30 Jan 2017, 11:38 pm »
Ok Folks, we are T minus 5 days until the tour launches. Here is a list (in no particular order) of the folks who have signed up as of now. If you signed up and your name is NOT on this list, please PM me asap to correct. first name last initial is how I'm doing this:

1.Ben C
2. Charles M
3. Michael L
4. Rodney Q
5. Den N
6. Dave B
7. Jeffrey M
8. Artem G
9. Thomas R
10. Michael A
11. Ted K

We are almost full folks. Here's the reality on the ground, I can only accept 16 people total if you are still interested let me know ASAP. Over the weekend I got 3 more participants so now we only have 5 spots available. The iTube2 has proven to be a runaway hit already and our stock is so low we cannot support having any more of these out. In laymen's terms; ALL ABOARD!!!

Pez

« Reply #37 on: 30 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm »
I requested to be on the tour today & I have a 1st gen iTube.

Yep gotcha! Added.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #38 on: 31 Jan 2017, 02:42 am »
I'm interested, and sent a pm.

I'm currently using, and am impressed with the iTube in my dedicated 2 channel system to balance impedance in a bi-amp configuration.

Thanks.

JakeJ

« Reply #39 on: 31 Jan 2017, 03:21 am »
While I don't see my name on the list in post #36 I did recieve your PM, Pez, and responded.

Again I thank you as I am very happy with the iLink I recently connected between my Apple music server and my Metrum Acoustics HEX DAC.  Drives me to try more iFi Audio gear.  There was an audible layer of "digititis" that has been removed.  Digititis to me is upper treble sibilance in female vocals and/or a hashy sound that obsures the finer details in cymbals, piccolos, and higher violin notes.

Looking forward to playing with the iTube2.  I should have the Pass XP-20 in house sometime between Feb 10-13.  Really hoping to be next to last or last so I have time to get used to the XP-20 and a bonus will be that the iTube2 will be run in completely.  :thumb: