Welcome to the ZenWave Audio Circle!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Welcome to the ZenWave Audio Circle!
« on: 3 Aug 2014, 07:22 pm »
Hello and Welcome to the ZenWave Audio Circle!

I have decided to have a circle here on AC for a few reasons...

- I would like to be able to demo my products. I believe an in-home trial is the only way to know if an audio product is right for you. This circle will serve as a way to organize demos and also to collect reviews so that potential customers can get an idea of what products might be worth trying in their systems.

- As a "sounding board" for new ideas and new products. I will be releasing information about products that are in development as a way to gauge what features are valuable to the audio community. ZenWave Audio will be offering an expanding range of products in the future:

- Power distribution with surge protection, filtration, inrush current limiting and even sequencing.

- A speaker system that will start out as a large 2-way with a passive crossover, and later offer an active biamp option as well as different high frequency drivers. It will be   
            modular and upgradeable, which is something very unique. Imagine a speaker system that can use different driver and crossover modules.

- A SET amp that uses a high quality driver section and high quality parts that are rarely offered in a production amplifier for a reasonable price.

- I will also use this circle to have discussions related to what ZenWave Audio offers, and as a "blog" to post my thoughts on audio related topics that would be interesting to discuss.

- As a space for the community and ZenWave customers to be able to communicate and have discussions about their systems and how ZenWave products work with them, or ask whether or not a product would be a good choice for a particular application.

GUIDELINES:

- Everyone is required to follow the rules expected by Audiocircle. They are located in the About/Help section:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about

With posting guidelines here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about;area=posting-guidelines

- In addition, since I offer cables I would ask that people that think all cables sound the same don't post in the ZenWave circle. If you would like to debate this topic, there is no shortage of outlets for this type of conversation. I have found that nobody is ever going to convince someone else to change their views by having a discussion on this topic over the internet. Keep in mind there are folks who still think all amplifiers sound the same, that digital is all the same because "bits are bits", and on and on. This is not the place to make these kinds of claims or start this kind of debate.

- I also ask that there be no "crusading" in this circle. This is not the place to condemn or endorse a certain class of product, tweak or viewpoint. These kind of discussions seem to always create a schism and bad will in the community and will not be tolerated here. When started they usually end up binned and serve no purpose other than to create animosity.

- Finally, I ask people have respect for all products and businesses that are discussed here. I will not tolerate demeaning or defamatory statements about other audio related businesses or products as a great majority of folks in the audio business are in it because they have a passion for audio and are not involved as simple profiteers. This hobby is very interesting as there are both engineering as well as human elements involved and as such there is plenty of room for subjective aspects of a system or component performance. Preferences should be stated in a respectful manner.

I am very happy to be here and look forward to serving the needs of the audio community by offering the best value in cables and components on the market today!  :green:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Welcome to the ZenWave Audio Circle!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2014, 07:35 pm »
Bitchin'!!!  Congrats, Dave!!!  :beer:

Have fun,

Jerry

Stercom

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2014, 08:28 pm »
Dave - Congrats!!

This hobby is very interesting as there are both engineering as well as human elements involved and as such there is plenty of room for subjective aspects of a system or component performance. Preferences should be stated in a respectful manner.
Well said. Totally agree!!

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2014, 08:37 pm »
Good luck Dave! Can't wait to see your offerings!

genjamon

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2014, 09:49 pm »
Good for you, Dave! Looking forward to hearing about all the developments and participating in the forum!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2014, 10:37 pm »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.  :thumb:

This should be easier than one thread in industry intros and I look forward to some good discussions. I'm also more than happy to support AC as I have posted here for many years before starting Dave's Cables (now ZenWave Audio).

Guy 13

« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2014, 12:11 am »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.  :thumb:

This should be easier than one thread in industry intros and I look forward to some good discussions. I'm also more than happy to support AC as I have posted here for many years before starting Dave's Cables (now ZenWave Audio).

Congratulation !

Guy 13

imassarano

« Reply #7 on: 4 Aug 2014, 07:03 am »
Wishing you much success  :thumb:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm »
Congrats.

Best,
Anand.

mgalusha

« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2014, 01:00 pm »
Best of luck with the expanded venture Dave.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #10 on: 4 Aug 2014, 01:22 pm »
Congrats and good luck. 

I want to know more about the SET amp project!

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2014, 01:57 pm »
This was a long time coming! Wishing you the best Dave!

walkern

« Reply #12 on: 4 Aug 2014, 03:01 pm »
Excellent news Dave!  Looking forward to checking out your speaker design.
Still lovin' your cables.

Neil

Captainhemo

« Reply #13 on: 4 Aug 2014, 04:34 pm »
Cool stuff dave,  congrats and  best of luck :beer:

-jay

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #14 on: 4 Aug 2014, 04:56 pm »
 :thumb:

D.D.

xsb7244

« Reply #15 on: 4 Aug 2014, 08:25 pm »
Dave,

Live long and prosper.  How did it begin?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114875.0           It starts with Reply #5.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=116380.0           Everything you need to know about Dave is in Reply #1

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 5 Aug 2014, 10:47 pm »
Thanks again and xsb, you have a good memory.  :green: That is indeed when I decided to put what is now the D1 out there. At that time I had no plans to offer what is becoming a more extensive range of cables, let alone anything else. Luckily, I have been able to apply the same principles on value I had envisioned with the D1 ic cable to my other cables, resulting in an exceptionally high value for the money product up to and including my top of the line cables, which are not inexpensive. But like the D1, they compete with cables many times their price. Hopefully I can offer this kind of value with other gear in the future as well.

Chris Adams

« Reply #17 on: 5 Aug 2014, 11:20 pm »
Your cables are outstanding! Best wishes for a fun and lucrative business. :thumb:

Nick B

« Reply #18 on: 5 Aug 2014, 11:32 pm »
Congrats Dave on your new website and outstanding cable products and branching out with additional products as well  :thumb:
Nick

Louis O

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com
« Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2014, 06:54 pm »
Hi Dave,

Welcome and awesome that you got your circle. Best cables on the planet.

All the best,
Louis