Very grateful for my Stratos!!

Douger

Very grateful for my Stratos!!
« on: 26 Dec 2017, 09:50 pm »
About 4 years ago I bought a Stratos amp in case tubes became too expensive or unavailable... Thank heavens that has not happened! I knew it
would take a long time to break in, and every 6 months or so I would try it. For 3 years I got it to be respectable in reproducing a disco club, but
not a concert hall with ultimate detail and nuance. Finally last August the heat got to me and I installed it using the Ayre break in CD as always...
This time the best possible results occurred and I was very happy!! Until a week ago...
One morning before coffee I unplugged my cable carrying Spotify Premium to the preamp, resulting in a loud short :duh:  I lost the left channel and the right channel got weaker :cry:  I ordered fuses on Amazon and called Klaus, who was very sympathetic :D
Then I procrastinated until this morning when I found that all 4 fuses had survived... I carefully put the Stratos back in place and thankfully it is
back to awesome power and beauty!
Not only a great bargain but rugged! Thanks, Klaus!!

A_shah

Re: Very grateful for my Stratos!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2017, 09:59 pm »
Congratulations , it all worked out for you ! but don't you think you should have the unit checked ?
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
Asghar

Douger

Re: Very grateful for my Stratos!!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm »
Thank you, Asghar! The idea of having Klaus check it out is appealing, and I may send it to him just in case. Thankfully my system is very revealing,
96dB Tannoy Canterbury SE speakers and adequate CD and vinyl sources so I am listening to it with a big grateful grin on my face. I have a couple of younger friends who will come and listen as soon as they can, ears better than mine :P
Again,thank you for your concern, and Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

Doug