Alpha Panel Change in Dimensions

CDinsmore

Alpha Panel Change in Dimensions
« on: 1 Jul 2017, 06:45 am »
I ordered 4 each 4" Alpha Panels a couple months ago that were 24" x 48" and thought they worked really well in my room so I went ahead and ordered a couple more two weeks ago. I didn't pay attention when ordering but when I received my order I noticed the dimensions had changed to 23" x 43.5". I checked the website and don't see any heads up about this. Of course the price of the panels stayed the same. Why in the hell would you change the dimensions all of a sudden?! Now I have two sets of panels that don't match in size and it doesn't look that great. This combined with a screw up of my first order (I ordered wrap around fabric and got the white muslin backing) makes me a not very happy customer.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: Alpha Panel Change in Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2017, 04:51 pm »
Hi CDinsmore,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations! First off, we want to make sure every customer is happy, so PLEASE contact us directly so we can solve this. Posting here won't put it into the right hands to get a timely response. This is especially important if there was an error on your order, as with the muslin cloth.

Regarding the size, sorry for the confusion there. We did have to change the size a while ago for shipping reasons. The Alpha Panels require more protection during shipping, but if we'd made the box larger we'd have incurred increased shipping charges for oversized boxes. We figured it was better to decrease the size of the panel by an inch than to have to charge significantly more in shipping! We did put the new dimensions right at the top of each Alpha product's page to attempt to reduce confusion about this.

Definitely contact us so we can get you sorted out....
http://www.gikacoustics.com/contact/

CDinsmore

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2017, 03:07 am »
Yes, the new dimensions were listed in the ordering drop down menu....there was just no mention that they had changed and I didn't notice. I wouldn't have been happy about it, but I probably would have ordered them anyway. As far as shipping costs go, if I'm spending hundreds of dollars on this type of product the extra shipping expense for oversize boxes is a total non-issue - I would gladly have paid the extra. Changing the dimensions of the product seems like a rather draconian solution to me. BTW the width is 1" less, but the length is 2.5" less - that's quite a bit I think.

I called your customer service department about the screw up and Christine agreed to credit me on this latest order for the product options I paid for but never received on the first order. I should have checked much earlier, but I just noticed that I was charged full price. But at least the order was filled correctly this time. 

Chris Dinsmore

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2017, 05:37 pm »
I appreciate your POV on the oversize shipping surcharge. Certainly, I wish there was a way to ship our bulky boxes more affordably, we're always looking at ways to minimize the cost. Unfortunately, rates go way up for excessive bulk (sometimes 2-3x as much as what it would be for a box a few inches shorter), and we know that most customers will resist paying that much.

Mike-48

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2017, 03:00 am »
Yes, I have had a little experience with oversized shipments. I agree that they should be avoided if it can be done easily. (I do sympathize, of course, with the customer who has mismatched panels; I trust you'll be able to help him out.)