Destination Audio Horns in Chicago on May 21st. (NEW VENUE)

Gopher

The Chicago Audio Society will be hosting Sam Wisniewski of Destination Audio on May 21st at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, 900 N Wood Dale Rd, Wood Dale, IL 60191 where he will be demonstrating his Destination Horn speakers which made their North American debut a couple weeks ago at AXPONA.

Sam is an incredible designer out of Poland and his speakers made quite the impression at AXPONA with numerous other speaker and equipment manufactures (including some with homes right here on Audio Circle) saying they were the best speakers they've ever heard.  I agree with this sentiment as they were truly something special.

If you're in the area, show Sam some love and check out his accomplishments.  I promise it will be a good time.

« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 07:13 pm by Gopher »

EdRo

• Industry Participant
Re: Destination Audio Horns in Chicago on May 20th.
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2017, 08:17 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS SAM!!!! Those speakers were amazing. Great job!!!
Ed Rosenquist.

dflee

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2017, 08:28 pm »
I can't find anything about the horn speaker anywhere. See in-wall and outside stuff
but nothing like what y'all are talking about. Can you point me in the right direction
and what kind of pricing?

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2017, 09:30 pm »
I've played guitar most of my life. The acoustic guitars that I listened to through Sam's speakers were what I've always tried to get my guitars tone to sound like! Truly great speakers.

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2017, 09:49 pm »
They were truly outstanding!  Would love to hear them in a larger space.  I have free temperature controlled storage/showroom for them in Texas in between outings.  You guys would be silly not to take me up on it, just good business to take advantage of a free showroom and storage.  :thumb:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2017, 09:55 pm »
I can't find anything about the horn speaker anywhere. See in-wall and outside stuff
but nothing like what y'all are talking about. Can you point me in the right direction
and what kind of pricing?

I saw that too...

Here's the horn speaker site.

http://www.destinationaudio.eu/speakers.html

Gopher

« Reply #6 on: 5 May 2017, 03:01 pm »
The speakers were special indeed.  One quite addendum.  Sam isn't positive if it will be the 20th or the 21st now.  On Monday the museum will confirm the date available, so it will either be the Saturday or Sunday.  I'll keep you guys updated.

deflee, 

I believe retail pricing on the speakers will be around $95,000 and absolutely breath taking.   I got several texts and emails from friends and fellow AC'ers at the show who were blown away by them (we had a Golden Gate in the room) and wanted info/to pass on kudos to Sam.

Gopher

Re: Destination Audio Horns in Chicago on May 21st. (NEW VENUE)
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2017, 07:13 pm »
Venue updated!!!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2017, 11:10 pm »
Venue updated!!!
Are you going? 

roscoeiii

« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2017, 11:37 pm »
Hope to make it and give these and the Lampi another listen.

Gopher

« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2017, 03:58 am »
Are you going?

I wish I could, Jason.  Hanging with Sam is a treat in itself, let alone hearing the Destinations in action, but its 850+ miles from home and I literally just got back from Chicago, so unfortunately I'm going to miss this event.

It's definitely worth checking out  if you'll be in the area though!

Nice, Roscoe!  It should be a good time.