• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Target Returns
« Reply #60 on: 14 Jul 2015, 11:08 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Target Stands with Mini T Speakers

July 2015

Hi James,

The Target's MR stands for my Mini T's arrived finely. I Assembled them filed them with fine small particles (3mm aquarium marble sand). this are heavy stands by there own around 14-15 kg empty! I must admit I didn't expect any dramatics changes in terms of sound differences compare to the old stands.

Boy oh boy I was wrong! One hears the difference the minute it starts playing. After running two CD's It's turn obviously that The bass become knife sharp like And with better define kick. the highs Chime like crystal bells. And the space between notes become much noticeable airy that in turn leads to much better perceive overall dynamics. 

The Bryston Mini T speakers are a reference when it comes to dynamics and the Target stands serve them well. And I'll keep running this in over the coming days. I get the feeling they will edge up things even more. The stands were intended to be used on my second newer pair of Mini T's but I decided to leave the stands with the older pair, can't turn things back now. Who knows maybe latter on I'll grab another pair, but for now the Atacama SL600 will do for the newer pair.

Regarding the top plates, I would prefer a bigger one, as it is small for the size of the Mini T's. I did find a practical solution though by using some Patafix (German equivalent To the more known Blu-Tack). It does couple the speaker cabinet with the stands to the point one can tilt the speaker with the stand as one, though I wouldn't recommend that as routine.

Bottom line the Target MR's provides surprisingly sound upgrade, and they are heavy… real heavy.

Cheers,
Itshak Vodzilovsky

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #61 on: 10 Aug 2015, 05:37 pm »
SUBJECT: “Target Spike Shoes”

August, 2015

Target Audio Products
New Product

Hi James,

Ready to go on our Made In Canada "Target Spike Shoes". 

Each box contains 4 shoes.

Metal body has center receptacle for all spikes.  Same finish as speaker stands. Acoustically inert, hard rubber base insert.  Non slip. 

Does not harm floor or shelf surfaces.

Suggested Retail - $40.00 Per Box

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #62 on: 8 Oct 2015, 12:19 pm »
Hi Folks,

Target Spike Shoes on my Middle T's.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #63 on: 28 Dec 2015, 11:07 pm »
James,
Target Audio is launching 2 new products in time for CES.

1)  Target Audio "STANCE PLATE" Speaker Stand Upgrade Kit 4 styled steel plates that bolt on to the underside of any Target speaker stand baseplate.
STANCE PLATE increases both the length and width of baseplate by 2",  to 11" w x 13" d. Comes with mounting hardware.  Use supplied 8mm spikes or upgraded spikes below.
Protoypes available Jan.03.16.  Production available Feb 2016.  Images late this week.
Retail Pricepoint $100.00 per kit (proposed)

2)  Target Audio "BLING THING" Spike Upgrade Kit for all Target Audio stands. 8 styled steel chrome plated oversize 8mm Spikes for all Target stands.
Provides enhanced appearance and increased height for Target Audio speaker, equipment and amp stands. Comes with mounting hardware.  Use with Target Audio standard baseplate or Stance Plate Upgraded baseplates.
Protoypes available Jan.03.16.  Production available Feb 2016.  Images late this week.
Retail Pricepoint $100.00 per kit (proposed)

Equipment Stands, Wall Shelf, Amp Stands are still in development, more later.

Brian Parenteau

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #64 on: 26 Aug 2016, 04:31 pm »
SUBJECT: Target New Audio/Video Products Coming.

September 2016

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up on some of the new Target products we are working on for introduction this fall.

Color: Black low gloss powder painted- same as current speaker stands.

Will have pictures and prices soon.

Target Audio VW / Vertically Mounted Wall Shelf
Suitable for turntables or components of standard size.0.750" MDF Isolation shelf with underside spiked mounting. Thick welded steel frame with cantilever feature. 80 lb. capability w/ultra rigid secure mounting to 16" centered studded walls. High Mass and Rigidity affords best possible equipment performance.

Target Audio AS / Floor Mounted Amplifier and Component Stand
Suitable for amps and components of standard size. Spiked base mounting with upgrade spike option. 0.500" MDF insert inside welded rigid thick steel frame. High Mass and Rigidity affords best possible equipment performance.

Target Audio ES /  Equipment Stands
Suitable for audio components of standard size and height. 24" high unit, purchased with 3, 4 or 5 rigid shelves each. 0.500" MDF insert inside welded rigid frames mounted to four 2x3" vertical steel posts. 8 each, 12.9 Grade fasteners for each thick steel shelf.
Stack-able up to 48 or 72" in height with optional Stack Kit. Vertical Post have Plastic Foot or Optional Spiked Foot option. High Mass and Rigidity affords best possible equipment performance.

Target Audio IS / Isolation Shelf Option for ES Equipment Stands
Suitable for turntables or vibration sensitive components of standard size. 0.750" MDF Isolation shelf with underside spiked mounting. Ultra rigid welded thick steel frame design. High Mass and Rigidity affords best possible equipment performance.

vonnie123

« Reply #65 on: 29 Aug 2016, 08:44 am »
My entire professional career has been in environmental protection. My college education was focused on that and my first professional job was with a newly-formed US EPA working on the infamous Cuyahoga River and other rivers in Ohio. I have seen many changes in environmental regulations and attitudes. At the beginning of my career it was “Who the hell are you and what do you want?”  At the end of my career I was used to industry compliance officials saying to me “Don, tell me what we have to do and we will do it”.

James, I am sure your company has made changes in production to comply with industry-wide regulations for reducing hazardous materials in finished products sold in North America and the Eurozone and maybe other locations. Lead is one of those regulated materials.  Please join me in enlightening the audiophile community by discouraging the use of lead shot in speaker stands. It would be helpful if you could post something here and on the website pages for speaker stands that Bryston markets. 

Everyone please note:

When you sell your speaker stands be sure and tell potential buyers that you contaminated them with a hazardous substance.

Also note that when you remove the lead or lead/sand mix to make the items lighter for shipping the fill is a hazardous waste and must be disposed of in accordance with state and federal regulations. I worked in environmental compliance for 20 years so this is not just an opinion---it's the law. Separating the lead from sand is virtually impossible and even if it was possible the abrasive sand would probably still contain levels of the soft lead that would be classified as hazardous waste. 

Most people are not going to take the time to try to recycle lead shot especially if it is mixed with sand.  But the recycling problem does not end there.  I called a couple of the larger recycling companies in my area.  They said they recycled lead but not in shot form. They are not set up to handle loose material.

But it is not just the disposal of lead that is a problem. The mining and smelting of lead (including smelting recycled lead) also creates an environmental consequence in both air and water pollution. Sand is much greener. There is less environmental impact in the production and disposal.

Regulations have been passed to reduce or eliminate even minor amounts of lead and other toxic materials from new electronic equipment and to recover and recycle materials that have been used. Lead is a four letter word.  It does not belong in our electronics and it does not belong in our speaker stands.

I know it's an old post on a resurrected thread, but I never thought I'd see the EPA invade an audio thread.  :(

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #66 on: 8 Sep 2016, 01:55 am »
so james, are the component stands in the works? :)

Phil A

« Reply #67 on: 8 Sep 2016, 02:31 am »
Target component stands were nice.  Below is a pic of what I left in the basement of my old house recessed into the wall.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #68 on: 8 Sep 2016, 03:00 am »
so james, are the component stands in the works? :)

Hi Dave

Yes I just got the sample stands in today. I will try to take some pictures. There is a 3 foot shelf that can take 3 ,4 or 5 shelves and an isolation shelf for a turntable and also a wall mount turntable shelf.

James

vegasdave

« Reply #69 on: 8 Sep 2016, 04:00 pm »
awesome!!! sounds great! thanks for the info, james... 8) i used to have a target stand in the early 90s, but i ended up selling it for the solidsteel stuff made in italy. so i commend you guys up there in the great white north for bringing them back! i bet you will sell quite a lot of them!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #70 on: 8 Sep 2016, 04:59 pm »
awesome!!! sounds great! thanks for the info, james... 8) i used to have a target stand in the early 90s, but i ended up selling it for the solidsteel stuff made in italy. so i commend you guys up there in the great white north for bringing them back! i bet you will sell quite a lot of them!

Photo of the new Target stands - shot is of 2 stands linked together (staggered) - will take some individual shots as well.

vegasdave

« Reply #71 on: 8 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm »
Photo of the new Target stands - shot is of 2 stands linked together (staggered) - will take some individual shots as well.

OH MY LORD.  :o i gotta have the damn thing...now! the stuff on there ain't so bad either  :wink:

thanks for the pic, james!  8)

Phil A

« Reply #72 on: 9 Sep 2016, 12:37 am »
Looks great.  Are the shelves adjustable in the new ones (the old ones were not)?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #73 on: 9 Sep 2016, 10:28 am »
Looks great.  Are the shelves adjustable in the new ones (the old ones were not)?

Hi Phil

Yes adjustable in that there are 5 positions you can place the shelves within the structure.  The base unit will come with 3 shelves - Top - Middle and Bottom with the option of adding 1 or 2 more shelves.  The ones in the picture are 5 shelf versions.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #74 on: 9 Sep 2016, 06:14 pm »
Some more pics.

Standard Rack

Turntable on Wall Mount

Amplifier Floor Shelf

Stand with Turntable Isolation Shelf on top.

vegasdave

« Reply #75 on: 9 Sep 2016, 06:44 pm »
Some more pics.

Standard Rack

Turntable on Wall Mount

Amplifier Floor Shelf

Stand with Turntable Isolation Shelf on top.

fantastic!

nice pics of the equipment too..i hate to say this but better than the official lit and on the website...please don't kill me for saying this...lol

Grant Hill

« Reply #76 on: 8 Nov 2016, 03:32 pm »
Hi everybody,

is it possible to buy the shelves? I can't find them on Target's website...

thank you!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #77 on: 8 Nov 2016, 03:46 pm »
Hi everybody,

is it possible to buy the shelves? I can't find them on Target's website...

thank you!

Hi

Yes you can buy the shelves separately but they bolt to the frame.

james

BrystonFan

« Reply #78 on: 8 Nov 2016, 10:54 pm »
Does Target have any TV stands or centre channel stands?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #79 on: 8 Nov 2016, 11:19 pm »
Does Target have any TV stands or centre channel stands?

HI

No not at this point

james