My new Beta 12LTA over H-frame Alpha build

Luigi

• Busa doing the business
Re: My new Beta 12LTA over H-frame Alpha build
« Reply #80 on: 17 Jan 2013, 07:20 pm »
With the miniDSP this is only a 10min job anyway so gave it a lash and the result is a clear improvement in intelligibility. I always thought that this was the area where you should try to avoid putting a crossover point. Whatever, the ears don't lie; when you can hear dialogue better at lower volumes, you're on the right track.

Mmaxed

« Reply #81 on: 14 Mar 2013, 12:39 am »
Hey PG, I know you had posted it somewhere but I can't find it now.  I would like the dimensions of the baffle that the LTA is mounted in.  Also the location of the LTA.

Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at the placement in the baffle?

Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist

« Reply #83 on: 31 Mar 2013, 01:12 pm »
I've found what I believe to be a better and cheaper tweeter match for the Beta 12LTA. These super horn tweeters once sold by Radio Shack have higher sensitivity and once removed from their plastic pod work very well in OB. The Realistic 40-1310A I use was made in Japan ( Fostex? ) and is not the same as the Korean made Radio Shack 40-1310B or Chinese made Radio Shack 40-1310C. Different design and different specs printed on the magnet. The "A" model has a different throat and does not look like the one pictured below.

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Drivers/40-1310/40-1310.htm