Klipsch just featured my makeshift KPT-904's on their blog!

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
Pretty stoked that Klipsch asked to feature my KPT-904's on their blog. Their Social Media Manager, Alex, saw a pic I posted on Instagram with the hashtag #klipsch and approached me about it. Nice little write-up and I'm pretty flattered.

Check it out here. http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-kpt-904-speakers-frankenstein-edition/

- Woody

SlushPuppy

Re: Klipsch just featured my makeshift KPT-904's on their blog!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2015, 09:18 pm »
Pretty stoked that Klipsch asked to feature my KPT-904's on their blog. Their Social Media Manager, Alex, saw a pic I posted on Instagram with the hashtag #klipsch and approached me about it. Nice little write-up and I'm pretty flattered.

Check it out here. http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-kpt-904-speakers-frankenstein-edition/

- Woody

I LOVE that room!

Ictwoody

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2015, 09:21 pm »
I LOVE that room!

Thanks. I have a dedicated room with my main system in it. But like the article said, I needed something for the big room and it's not really a critical listening type space... but in the pictured config it's pretty dang fun.

- Woody

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2015, 09:47 pm »
Oh shocking colours, I believe you not marry.
Seems a two way, what is the xover cut?

Ictwoody

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2015, 09:52 pm »
Oh shocking colours, I believe you not marry.
Seems a two way, what is the xover cut?

Hahaha. No... not married.

The colored horn looks more shocking in the pictures... if I swap them for the K510's eventually then those will stay black.

Crossover per Klipsch's site is at 800Hz, with a 24dB/Octave slope. I'm not sure if the revised crossover from Crites changes that at all. It's pretty much the stock network but adjusted to bring the horn down by 3db for use NOT behind a screen. Stock they are a bit hot...

- Woody

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm »
Dang Woody!

That is a nice room. Really like that brick! 32' by 38'....holy shiitake that's a lot of room but it looks very well spaced. Great job on the room and speakers!

Ictwoody

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2015, 10:56 pm »
Dang Woody!

That is a nice room. Really like that brick! 32' by 38'....holy shiitake that's a lot of room but it looks very well spaced. Great job on the room and speakers!

Thanks, Tom. That room is basically the living/great room. I got the Klipsch's cause of entertaining and having people over. Most of the time they are relegated to background music until the party really gets going! My dedicated room is 12'x16.5' and that's the room with the Jobs and Salks in it. Really more of my reference system, with room treatments etc...

I do find it amusing how similar your and my taste are. I just bought a pair of Khartago monos with black boards in them and they will arrive at Klaus' tomorrow to await the full Kismet treatment. I'm going to use them with the Songtower's and move the Juicy Preamp in there. I've been really wanting to get some tubes back into that ref system.

- Woody

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2015, 11:10 pm »
I do find it amusing how similar your and my taste are. I just bought a pair of Khartago monos with black boards in them and they will arrive at Klaus' tomorrow to await the full Kismet treatment. I'm going to use them with the Songtower's and move the Juicy Preamp in there. I've been really wanting to get some tubes back into that ref system.

- Woody

Good for you man. It's been so long since I've had the Job I'd like to hear your impressions of it compared to the Kismets. Now it's the waiting game....but you got some really good gear to keep you occupied.

Congrats!

Ictwoody

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm »
Good for you man. It's been so long since I've had the Job I'd like to hear your impressions of it compared to the Kismets. Now it's the waiting game....but you got some really good gear to keep you occupied.

Congrats!

Yeah I do. I actually have a Kismet in Khartago stereo amp I got in a trade for some 300B SET mono's I wasn't using that I'm gonna swap into the main system soon. It'll be interesting to compare it with the Job's and then see if there is a noticeable step up from it to the monoblocks. I'm pretty excited. I need to make a my system post soon. I probably will once I get a couple more treatments in place and get the mono's.

Stay tuned. :-)

- Woody

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2015, 11:34 pm »
That's really cool!

Congrats!

Pete

Odal3

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2015, 02:04 pm »
Nice looking setup :thumb:

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2015, 04:06 pm »
Very cool. Like the setup and the room. I think the orange horns look great, and add just a splash of color/contrast to the otherwise neutral colors throughout the room.

persisting1

« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2015, 09:03 pm »
Wow, those are really impressive  :thumb:

Seems like you know how to throw a good party.

Guy 13

« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2015, 09:09 pm »
Hi Woody,
really nice room and speakers too !

Guy 13

Ictwoody

« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2015, 09:15 pm »
Wow, those are really impressive  :thumb:

Seems like you know how to throw a good party.

Oh... that room can hold a party for sure. The local St. Pat's parade goes right by my front windows... I had about 65 people up there for that and we could have had double that easy. It's great!

- Woody