A new turntable project is about to start.

Wayner

Re: A new turntable project is about to start.
« Reply #40 on: 15 Jul 2010, 06:15 pm »
Thank you all for your kind comments. Once in a while, a project works out. Today, I decided to take some of your advice and "pretty up the pig". So I added some birch covers to the ends of the plinth and SAMM.

I'm running out of tweaks, but would appreciate an idea of how to slow the queing descent. Perhaps some lithium grease?

Wayner

Minn Mark

« Reply #41 on: 26 Jul 2010, 08:41 pm »
So  Wayner, ......hows about some sonic impressions??

What did you learn in the execution of the design concept? Anyhing that you would do differently, or plan to modify ?

C'mon...share !

Still looks cool, by the way.

Mark

Wayner

« Reply #42 on: 26 Jul 2010, 08:54 pm »
OK. It is the quietest TT in the fleet. It's scary quiet. It beats the Sony, VPI, Technics and Empire. The arm is also very impressive (with one small problem) and reveals source material on a level I never heard even at RMAF. Very 3D and spacious sounding.

Andreas Vollenweider, Freidmann and even Supertramp are riveting. I'm sorry, I'm not BS-ing anyone here. I really don't know what to think. The composite decking material was the right choice, along with about 5 pounds of plasticlay.

I am going to bring this over to Frank's when I get some time. Mark, if you want to show up then, you'd be also welcome. I'm going to play some of my new music from this weekend and try and figure out where I went right.

Wayner  :D

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #43 on: 26 Jul 2010, 09:13 pm »
I'm sorry, I'm not BS-ing anyone here.

Wayner  :D
Every design has to start somewhere you may have hit right off the bat
sometimes it's better to be lucky than good as the saying goes...................Bill

gjs_cds

« Reply #44 on: 27 Jul 2010, 12:50 am »
You gotta go onto business on that, bro.  Wish I could hear it!

Minn Mark

« Reply #45 on: 27 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm »
Nice. Thanks for the invite. If it happens on a weekend, please let me know.

How do you think a combination of the decking material and clay would perfrom as an independent turntable platform??

Maybe this conversation can transfer to the Vinyl circle, but the idea is kinda intriguing, esp. given the low cost, versus commercial products (Ginko clouds, maple/myrtlewood, and granite/ marble, etc etc)?

M