Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

rajacat

• Washington State
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #340 on: 14 Aug 2017, 06:17 pm »
I am using JJ E88CC Gold Pins cryo treated from Cryoset Tubes.
http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=410&osCsid=imjsd12vvisqgi5gogsl7acub6

And the rectifier is a Scott branded Mullard copper plate 5AR4 from the early 60's.

Since I haven't rolled any caps I do not know what the effect of them is.  I just went with the Mundorf Supreme S/G/O as that's what is recommended for running fully balanced.  Plus the previous owner had two already installed for single-ended operation and he bought them from SonicCraft so it was easy to get two more well matched ones as they had all the data form the first pair.  All four caps matched to within 0.02%!
I took your advice and bought those JJ's. I got the super cryo ones but not the gold pins. I like them very much! :D Probably have about 25 hrs. on them. Nice to have quality current production 6922 tubes.

JakeJ

« Reply #341 on: 15 Aug 2017, 01:22 am »
Hey Roy,

Glad you like them!

The current production vacuum tubes have taken a beating from critics and I think it's a shame because that conveys a bigger, overall message that it is junk when it's not.  I love tubes but can't afford the expensive NOS tubes and it would be nice if there was a review source just for the current production tubes.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #342 on: 19 Jan 2018, 06:47 am »
NEW G2G ON THE HORIZON :thumb:

Hello All!

I'm happy to announce that I will be hosting a G2G on Saturday February 24th at Woody's Garage. People are welcome to show up at 11:00 and stay as long as we can stay awake. Many of you have been here before so welcome back. Many have shown interest but haven't made it yet so I look forward to seeing new faces. Let's get a count started to see how much interest we have. I think the conclusion is that I can realistically have 8 or 10 people at once until we just plain run out of room.

You are welcome to bring something food wise to share and of course whatever you would like to drink. I will have some beverages here and will be making something to contribute in the food dept.     

A few people have already offered to bring some really exciting gear, I will let them post here what that is. If you have audio gear you would like to bring post it and we will see what we end up with. I currently have a Lampizator Atlantic Pre-Dac with all the bells and whistles. My speakers are still the Super V's and my source is a mac mini.

If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me. If you need my address or phone number you can PM me for that as well.

This is going to be really exciting. I for one am looking forward to getting together and hearing new gear. It's especially fun with a bunch of obsessed audio guys. 

Happy Listening :thumb:

Greg

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #343 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:49 am »
Oh, Goodness. May I go? 8)

I could bring my D Sachs amp and preamp, and the new Mivera Ice edge1200as SE amp, and a dB Audio Labs SE DAC. If I upgrade the tweeters in my Apollos, I’ll have them as well. However, I haven’t yet confirmed this with Lou. 
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2018, 06:01 pm by mresseguie »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #344 on: 19 Jan 2018, 09:55 pm »
Michael, that all sounds great to me :thumb:.

Looking forward to hearing the new Miverna amp with my Lampi Atlantic for sure and your new Don Sach amp with it maybe even more :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: And I definatley want to hear your Don Sach amp and pre., together, that is going to be exciting for sure.

Just found out my Servo amps will be shipping out on Monday so I will have them in plenty of time.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #345 on: 19 Jan 2018, 09:59 pm »
Greg,

do you have a vinyl  or CD set up?

Laura

dixi

« Reply #346 on: 19 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm »
Greg sound exciting,I could bring my vinyl rig with Don Sachs phono preamp if is some interest for analog sound
With Michael Don Sachs preamp and amp should be an interesting experience....

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #347 on: 19 Jan 2018, 11:10 pm »
Greg,

do you have a vinyl  or CD set up?

Laura

Hi Laura,

I don't have either  :lol:

I only use a mac mini for a source although  I do have a cheap CD player in the room I can hook up. I haven't tried it with my Lampi yet so don't know how it compares to my mac mini.

I would love to get a vinyl rig in there some day but of course no one would want to bring one to try.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #348 on: 19 Jan 2018, 11:13 pm »
Greg sound exciting,I could bring my vinyl rig with Don Sachs phono preamp if is some interest for analog sound
With Michael Don Sachs preamp and amp should be an interesting experience....

Well, as soon as I answer Laura's post Flo offers up bringing his vinyl rig :thumb:.

That would be great Flo, I have never heard vinyl in my system before or in this room.

mca

« Reply #349 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:00 am »
I’ll be there! I’m happy to bring a food plate and beverages. I’ll also bring along my newly updated LIO. Looking forward to it!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #350 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:18 am »
Don't get to excited Greg but I just might have to skip the winter meeting.

Alan

Sonny

« Reply #351 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:22 am »
Greg,

What city is it in again?  Will have to see if I can get up there from Gig Harbor.

Thanks
Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #352 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:30 am »
Greg,

What city is it in again?  Will have to see if I can get up there from Gig Harbor.

Thanks
Tuan

Tuan, I'm in Bothell.

Who was it that started this whole G2G thing in the first place :wink: Might be time for you to make it to one of these things, don't ya think?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #353 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:32 am »
Don't get to excited Greg but I just might have to skip the winter meeting.

Alan

Well Alan, it would be good to see you.

If you can't make it just keep me posted, my guess is this is going to fill up fast.

Sonny

« Reply #354 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:33 am »
Tuan, I'm in Bothell.

Who was it that started this whole G2G thing in the first place :wink: Might be time for you to make it to one of these things, don't ya think?

Was it me?   :roll: :scratch: :wink:

Yes I must. 

Hey, what tables are you interested in, in regards to vinyl?

Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #355 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:35 am »
I’ll be there! I’m happy to bring a food plate and beverages. I’ll also bring along my newly updated LIO. Looking forward to it!

That sounds fantastic Mike :thumb:

We are going to have some first rate pre amps to compare, Wow :o is all I can say.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #356 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:36 am »
Was it me?   :roll: :scratch: :wink:

Yes I must. 

Hey, what tables are you interested in, in regards to vinyl?

Tuan

Well, I don't know anything about tables so wouldn't have a clue.

Sonny

« Reply #357 on: 20 Jan 2018, 01:46 am »
Okay, digital only it is!

Hope to have a free day to get up there!

Will let you know by end of the weekend.

Thanks Greg for hosting!

Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #358 on: 20 Jan 2018, 07:17 am »
Okay, digital only it is!

Hope to have a free day to get up there!

Will let you know by end of the weekend.

Thanks Greg for hosting!

Tuan

Well Flo (Dixi), has offered to bring a turntable so if that happens we will have vinyl as well :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #359 on: 21 Jan 2018, 12:30 am »
Hi Greg and all, thought I'd share this FB if you guys are interested.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/990376987759032/permalink/1200119276784801/