**SOLD**Tonian Acoustics TL-D 8.1S with PHY-HP Drivers Like New

neilwill

Up for sale is a superb set of custom high efficiency loudspeakers from Tonian Labs.  These speakers were made based on the Tonian Acoustics Classic 8.1S model.  They are the same design internally only the external of the cabinet is different.  The external of the cabinet is based on the very popular Tonian TLD-1 style.  It is made from beautiful baltic birch wood.  It is designed to work with the vibration by releasing it naturally instead of dampening it.  The specks are 98db sensitivity, 16 Ohm, and about 43 - 40hz. 

This speaker is based around the highly regarded PHY-HP high efficiency wide bandwidth driver.  It uses the H21 LB15 Sag 8" driver which uses a high quality alnico magnet.  These drivers alone sell for around $1400 a piece.  It also uses the custom TLR ribbon tweeter by Tonian Acoustics.

How do they sound?  Well, they really are my last speakers.  Unfortunately, I'm only selling along with the rest of my system because I need the cash. 
The sound is ultimately very natural and organic.  The music flows with a sense of coherency and liveliness.  Dynamic, dynamic, dynamic!  Highly detailed and transparent.  The base is the best I've ever heard in my system.  I even got rid of my subwoofer because it wasn't needed.  Also, brutally honest.  Whatever is upstream will be heard.  Change out a cable or power cord and it will absolutely be easlily distinguished from the other.  This particular model doesn't have many reviews online, however Tonian's entry level model TLD-1 MkII has gotten rave reviews as well as the higher end model which uses the larger 12" PHY-HP driver.  Here are some links to reviews on these as well as on the drivers:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue38/tonian.htm

A quote from the review of the larger version of this speaker:
"When I reviewed the Tonian Labs TL-D1 speakers, I thought to myself how much better could things get in this kind of speaker design. Tony Minasian answered that question the day he dropped off the Classic 12.1S speakers at my house. Tony Minasian has seemed to hit on a magical formula of high efficiency, fantastic sonics and musicality with his two-way designs. They leave not only high efficiency single driver speakers in the dust but many other multi-way designs sounding lacking. In fact since then I have been agonizing as to which speaker to buy from this extraordinary speaker company. Well tonight I placed my order for a pair of Tonian Labs speakers. Tonian Labs does have a floor standing speaker with a smaller PHY driver and a few other very interesting designs. If you are in the market for a new pair of speakers, I urge you to have a listen to a pair of Tonian Labs speakers. Before you do though, please drop your audiophile preconceptions at the door and just bring your ears and that musical heart that got you started in this hobby in the first place. I guarantee that you will save yourself a lot of money and frustration."

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/phy/phy.html

My asking price is $3995 plus shipping and paypal fee if used.  They are absolutely like new with original shipping boxes.  Again, I am only selling because I am in a financial bind and need the cash.  This speaker is the same as the Classic 8.1S internally which sells for close to $9000.  This is an awesome deal!  Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: 3 Mar 2014, 09:09 pm by neilwill »

neilwill

Re: FS: Tonian Acoustics TL-D 8.1S with PHY-HP Drivers Like New
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2014, 04:40 pm »
Still Available.

neilwill

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2014, 05:52 pm »
Bump. Still Available.

neilwill

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2014, 10:02 pm »