"Music Instinct, science and song" PBS

1000a

"Music Instinct, science and song" PBS
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:44 am »
I saw this the other night and knew some AC members would enjoy it, this special is running currently on PBS ck schedule times and complete info here:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/musicinstinct/

:D enjoyed it, extremely interesting and enlightening- I will watch again!

no1maestro

Re: "Music Instinct, science and song" PBS
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2009, 09:07 pm »
It is an excellent presentation; eye-opening for many I'm sure. My surprise has always been how little in-depth research has been done in a field that promises such growth. We know so little about how music affects the mind and when we make little steps toward progress, we seem to rest and not push forward as aggressively as one might want. Thanks for alerting the folks!

1000a

Re: "Music Instinct, science and song" PBS
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:25 am »
Glad you got to see it - really amazing stuff, I wish for more like this.  I hope more AC people get to see this special.

Shows like the above are really fun to talk about and disect on the phone or in person- but a substantial amount of work at least for me in a forum.  It certainly enlightened me in many many ways.  I need not feel any guilt chasing the ever elusive improvements in my sound system especially since music provides such a healthy high and is an innate part of me.  :D

Excellent couple of days, just got back from seeing Johnny Winter (for the first time) compliments of the town I live in, what a treat.