Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #160 on: 14 Feb 2017, 04:52 pm »
I haven't read all the pages.  So I apology in advance if this has already been asked. 

I finally got around to setting it up to run with Roon and Tidal.  Took about 30 minutes.  Then it took a long time to load my library but album arts and information I hadn't seen before are coming up. :thumb:

I just stuck the unit behind my DAC with the included USB A/B connector.  How good is it?  Should I replace it with an "audiophile" USB cable? Is it alright to just have microRendu hang by the connector? 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #161 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:22 pm »
Mine is plugged directly into the dac with excellent results. Can't imagine a cable would make it better.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #162 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:38 pm »
Mine is plugged directly into the dac with excellent results. Can't imagine a cable would make it better.

What if the 4 wires connecting the A and B connectors are crappy wires soldered on with "impure" solder? :dunno:

Tubeburner

« Reply #163 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:08 pm »
See what you did?  Now I have to make a couple usb plugs to see if it makes a difference.  :duh:

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #164 on: 26 Aug 2017, 05:29 pm »
News flash:

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was been officially released and Sonore products are among the first to receive the "Works With Audirvana +" approval.