Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #160 on: 14 Feb 2017, 04:52 pm »
I haven't read all the pages.  So I apology in advance if this has already been asked. 

I finally got around to setting it up to run with Roon and Tidal.  Took about 30 minutes.  Then it took a long time to load my library but album arts and information I hadn't seen before are coming up. :thumb:

I just stuck the unit behind my DAC with the included USB A/B connector.  How good is it?  Should I replace it with an "audiophile" USB cable? Is it alright to just have microRendu hang by the connector? 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #161 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:22 pm »
Mine is plugged directly into the dac with excellent results. Can't imagine a cable would make it better.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #162 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:38 pm »
Mine is plugged directly into the dac with excellent results. Can't imagine a cable would make it better.

What if the 4 wires connecting the A and B connectors are crappy wires soldered on with "impure" solder? :dunno:

Tubeburner

« Reply #163 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:08 pm »
See what you did?  Now I have to make a couple usb plugs to see if it makes a difference.  :duh:

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #164 on: 26 Aug 2017, 05:29 pm »
News flash:

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was been officially released and Sonore products are among the first to receive the "Works With Audirvana +" approval.

plakey

« Reply #165 on: 30 Nov 2017, 08:09 pm »
Does anyone know if Chord Chordette Qute EX will plug and play with a Micro Rendu? I noticed it had some drivers to install on the website...

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #166 on: 1 Jan 2018, 03:39 pm »
Does anyone know if Chord Chordette Qute EX will plug and play with a Micro Rendu? I noticed it had some drivers to install on the website...
Should be fine.

bluemeanies

« Reply #167 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:13 pm »
So I am new to this.
My 2channel system at this point is the b&w 803diamonds with a Grace m920 preamp/dac. I also have a Mac Mini which I have downloaded AIRSERVER to let me use my Mac mini with AirPlay.
I am seriously considering the SCHIITS GUNGNIR multibit dac and have the ability to compare the multibit with the SABRE in the Grace.
How could the Sonore microRendu benefit my system and thoughts on connection.

Thanks!

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #168 on: 8 Jan 2018, 01:58 pm »
So I am new to this.
My 2channel system at this point is the b&w 803diamonds with a Grace m920 preamp/dac. I also have a Mac Mini which I have downloaded AIRSERVER to let me use my Mac mini with AirPlay.
I am seriously considering the SCHIITS GUNGNIR multibit dac and have the ability to compare the multibit with the SABRE in the Grace.
How could the Sonore microRendu benefit my system and thoughts on connection.

Thanks!

The MicroRendu (and UltraRendu) are network devices that allow you to remove your "noisy" computer from your listening space and/or from the audio playback chain.  I would imagine you're probably using itunes or some other playback software on the Mac which also uses the Mac's core audio for playback.  The MR removes core audio from the playback chain.  Also, I believe Airplay is limited to 48K so you don't get full high rez playback ability.

A primary premise is that you place the MR in your listening room, with (ideally) your computer/storage in another room.  Playback takes place over your network.
This provides (arguably) the best sound I've experienced with computer based audio, and I've been involved for 10 years.

Here's an example of one possible setup:

NAS with music files connected to network in home office.
Macbook connected to network in home office.
Macbook running server software (JRiver, Minimserver, etc.)
MR in living room connected to network router via ethernet cable, and to DAC via USB.
Control of playback via mobile app on phone or tablet.

There are many ways to set up a system with the MR.  You can use the internal storage on your Mac instead of a NAS, or you could use a USB hard drive connected to the Mac.  Some NAS devices also have an embedded server program (my QNAP includes Minimserver).  The only absolute requirement is a network connection to the MR, as this is the foundation of the device.

There's a wealth of information over on computeraudiophile if you haven't been there yet. 

Hope this helps.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #169 on: 8 Jan 2018, 02:00 pm »
Should be fine.

Agreed. . .my QuteHD worked just fine.

bluemeanies

« Reply #170 on: 8 Jan 2018, 09:40 pm »
Thanks!! :D

plakey