new thoughts on the rear ported paper coned verita

hcsunshine

well, i had rick make me these speakers two years ago. whenever i happen to play an acoustic guitar along with the music or even sing along, it sounds like my playing/singing is blending right in with the sound the speakers are putting out. these speakers seem to be a very accurate reproducer of sound waves. remember these are the ones with the 7 inch paper coned illuminator series scan-speak mid-woofers and the 70-20xr RAAL ribbon tweeter. they are the rear ported version as well. (i don't use a sub) you can listen to these as long as you want and you wont be tired of it. i'm planning on getting a pair of mono-block class A amps and listen to them really shine. i use mono-blocks now, but they are just class A/B. if anyone else has these speakers i'd like to hear what you think of them, and anyone else with a comment on my review is welcome too.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2015, 06:16 pm by hcsunshine »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: new thoughts on the rear ported paper coned verita
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2014, 05:50 pm »
Sunshine,

Thank you. I have not yet had the pleasure of listening to this combination of drivers, but I have read many good reviews of them. I hope to hear similar speakers while I am at Axpona later this month.

:thumb:

jonbee

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2014, 06:37 pm »
I'm using a pair of custom designed Selah 2 ways using the 5.5" paper Revelator and the RAAL 20 tweeter. As you said, you can listen all day, and the fidelity to the music is startling. In my small 10x12 office the sound is extraordinary by any standard. I've upgraded the front end and cables quite a bit and it has been very rewarding. I find myself listening more and more in there, not missing my 4x more expensive main rig much. IMO Rick's designs are the best value for top notch sound, period.

loving_it

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2014, 07:03 pm »
I own a pair of Tempesta's that Rick originally built for another member here on the forum and I think they are awesome , I always wished the Bass was a tad stronger but after having a Tube Preamp built it is no longer an issue and they sound just perfect to me  , My next upgrade will be a pair of Tube Mono blocks . I am using SS mono blocks now .

Rick builds some awesome products

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2014, 08:04 pm »
I always wished the Bass was a tad stronger but after having a Tube Preamp built it is no longer an issue and they sound just perfect to me  Rick builds some awesome products
Indeed. Matchups are key and I've found the really good stuff such as Tempestas pay big rewards for the effort it takes to get everything right. The bass on the Ts is very clear and tight and I'm not surprised adding tubes can fill it out a bit.

ricardojoa

« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2014, 08:20 pm »
That's odd that a tube preamp will add bass, but that was also my case. Got a tube preamp from spacetechaudio, and the bass have improved across the range.

loving_it

« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2014, 09:06 pm »
That's odd that a tube preamp will add bass, but that was also my case. Got a tube preamp from spacetechaudio, and the bass have improved across the range.

http://www.nosvalves.com/index4.htm

I bought mine from Craig

hcsunshine

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2014, 10:52 pm »
i'm a believer in TARA labs cables. i even use what they call an "RSC prime M3" RCA interconnects between my pre-amp and amps.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2015, 06:18 pm by hcsunshine »