Force with DSPeaker Base Mgmt

Bear Heath

Force with DSPeaker Base Mgmt
« on: 4 Nov 2010, 09:52 pm »
Mike,

I'm considering adding a DSPeaker 8033S bass management device ahead of my Force and am wondering what will happen if I feed a mono signal to one of the Force line level inputs.  Does the Force sum the left and right inputs to create a mono signal to its amplifier? Which is what the DSPeaker does already, minus the EQ function.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/Press_release8033S.pdf

Thank you

Bear Heath

Re: Force with DSPeaker Base Mgmt
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2010, 10:03 pm »
Nevermind, just saw the earlier thread.  Thanks

ptownkevin

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2010, 12:31 pm »
I'm waiting for an Anti-mode 833S to be delivered. Tim Ryan at Simplifi Audio is letting me exchange the 833C for the 833S. The summed signal from the pre-out of a Musical Fidelity X-150 caused a horrible racket - I was only able to calibrate one channel. The 833C is best used with a LFE output, the 833S is geared towards a 2.1 set up.

My thought is to connect the 833S's summed signal to one (left or right) input on the ForceXL - that way the volume of the sub can be adjusted. I watch movies in 2.1 and sometimes the bass track is too startling. I love the realistic sound of an upright or electric bass - even the odd organ note - but I can do without the realistic sound of bombs going off in my living room. I live in a condominium and have the luxury of downstairs neighbors who are away for 90% of the time but I don't want the rest of the building to think we are under attack! The ForceXL is that good.

Stay tuned. I'd be interested in your experience, too.

Kevin O'Toole

Bear Heath

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:06 am »
Thanks, Kevin. I'm looking forward to hearing how the 833S works for you. I agree the Force XL is very good and adjusting the room is the only thing I haven't been able to do, because of my wife's objections to room treatments.  It's enough for her to allow me to use the 1.6Qrs.

Sean