COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Mudslide

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #80 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:48 pm »
Oregon not ranked for the 1st time since 2009. What's happening Mudslide? QB issues now that Mariota has left?

QB issues and defensive coordinator issues.  The DC is sort of clueless.  Hopefully he'll retire at the end of the season and we'll get UO grad, Justin Wilcox, to leave USC and take over.  The first string qb has been injured. 

USC...now there's a pie of a different order.   :lol:

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #81 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:54 pm »
Michigan is favored???  No way.  Have faith, HFO!

Well, MSU hasn't been laying out lesser competition.  Either we aren't as good as everyone thought or we seem to play just above the level of our competition.  Well, I guess that means we aren't as good as everything thought.   :scratch:

MSU this year reminds me of last year's Florida State.  They never beat the crap out of anyone but always found a way to win.  We'll see how it shakes out.

Mudslide

« Reply #82 on: 16 Oct 2015, 07:24 pm »
Well, MSU hasn't been laying out lesser competition.  Either we aren't as good as everyone thought or we seem to play just above the level of our competition.  Well, I guess that means we aren't as good as everything thought.   :scratch:

MSU this year reminds me of last year's Florida State.  They never beat the crap out of anyone but always found a way to win.  We'll see how it shakes out.

Yep, it's a question.  But my take is that Michigan hasn't beaten anyone of substance...with the possible exception of the basting of Northwestern.  And I question that game, and the NU team, from a lot of perspectives.  I know they beat Stanford.  But Stanford was daydreaming through that game and played terribly.

As you say, we'll see.  But keep the faith, buddy.

And besides all of that, I detest Harbaugh.   :lol:

Emil

« Reply #83 on: 16 Oct 2015, 07:44 pm »
Yep, it's a question.  But my take is that Michigan hasn't beaten anyone of substance...with the possible exception of the basting of Northwestern.  And I question that game, and the NU team, from a lot of perspectives.  I know they beat Stanford.  But Stanford was daydreaming through that game and played terribly.

As you say, we'll see.  But keep the faith, buddy.

Yes, but you cant ignore UM defense shutting out their last 3 opponents even if they were cupcakes

Emil

« Reply #84 on: 16 Oct 2015, 07:44 pm »

I have a feeling so will UM in time :icon_lol:

Mudslide

« Reply #85 on: 16 Oct 2015, 08:04 pm »
Yes, but you cant ignore UM defense shutting out their last 3 opponents even if they were cupcakes

Yes, that defense looks pretty stout.  It is an impressive feat that deserves credit.  But MSU's offense will be tough to manage.  That's what makes this match-up so intriguing.  I'll be watching...and rooting for MSU, natch.   :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #86 on: 16 Oct 2015, 08:05 pm »

I have a feeling so will UM in time :icon_lol:

Truth.

Mudslide

« Reply #87 on: 17 Oct 2015, 11:44 pm »

Ahem.  Ahem!!  See...keep the faith (until the last second) HFO.   :lol: :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #88 on: 17 Oct 2015, 11:55 pm »
M gives one away on a silver platter. Just fall on the ball, punter! They have one hail Mary play and then it's over, assuming it is no good, but with Michigan's luck, it probably goes for a td.

Emil

« Reply #89 on: 18 Oct 2015, 01:02 pm »
M gives one away on a silver platter. Just fall on the ball, punter! They have one hail Mary play and then it's over, assuming it is no good, but with Michigan's luck, it probably goes for a td.

I feel for the kid.  The pain will linger for quite some time time for this young man.

You can bet that every special teams coach will be going over this scenario this week.

Anyway, Penn Sate would be more than happy to have him on their team. PSU averaged 35 yards per punt last night putting the Buckeyes in excellent field position resulting in at least a couple of touchdowns or having OSU punt and having PSU starting several drive with the 10 yard line.
Speaking of punters, check out Cameron Johnston for OSU.  That kid can drop the ball down within the 10 yard line from anywhere last night.

Emil

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #91 on: 18 Oct 2015, 01:34 pm »
The SEC will roll over everyone!

LSU with RB Leonard Fournette, as long as he stays healthy, will dominate. He is the best running back since Hershel Walker, probably better than Walker...

My Sunday morning prediction,
Pete

Mudslide

« Reply #92 on: 19 Oct 2015, 07:00 pm »

BobC

« Reply #93 on: 19 Oct 2015, 07:40 pm »
Speaking of punters, check out Cameron Johnston for OSU.  That kid can drop the ball down within the 10 yard line from anywhere last night.

He's the real deal.  Was there with my wife and friends freezing our butts off, but loving it!  Go Bucks!

charmerci

« Reply #94 on: 20 Oct 2015, 12:52 am »
I just saw the black Ohio State uniforms.

What's with that???  :scratch:   :duh:

No, no, no.  :nono:

BobC

« Reply #95 on: 20 Oct 2015, 02:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm not really a fan.  But it seems like that's the trend started by Oregon I believe.  Kids want to switch up the style.  Marketers want to sell you more stuff.

charmerci

« Reply #96 on: 20 Oct 2015, 05:13 pm »
Yeah, my OSU fan buddy just said that they are really popular.

What can one do except.... :banghead:

Mudslide

« Reply #97 on: 30 Oct 2015, 10:09 pm »
Did anyone watch, nay, stay awake long enough to see the Ducks and Arizona State game?  I...uh...well...triple overtime...aliens...midnight...twists.. ..turns.......

Holy smokes.  Fun game to watch...but hard on my heart.   :lol:

Emil

« Reply #98 on: 17 Nov 2015, 07:07 pm »
Conspiracy? Could it be true? Am I so naive?

This weekend Penn State is playing 14th rank Michigan. Conspiracy theorist believe that the powers that be at the Big 10 have already spoken to the refereeing crew to ensure that Michigan wins or at least has the best possible chance. Of course Michigan may just blow out Penn State on their own but just in case......
Why? Because a win for Penn State means nothing for the Big 10 but a loss for Michigan can drop then out of the rankings.

Crazy?
Last year against Ohio State. Penn State took then to double OT and lost. Same Scenario. Win for PSU meant nothing to the Big10.

Check this out
Couldn't review the interception call because of "equipment malfunction"?
Not one ref watching the game clock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGxuIAylEI

Tin foil hat on   :lol:

Mudslide

« Reply #99 on: 17 Nov 2015, 09:45 pm »
Conspiracy? Could it be true? Am I so naive?

This weekend Penn State is playing 14th rank Michigan. Conspiracy theorist believe that the powers that be at the Big 10 have already spoken to the refereeing crew to ensure that Michigan wins or at least has the best possible chance. Of course Michigan may just blow out Penn State on their own but just in case......
Why? Because a win for Penn State means nothing for the Big 10 but a loss for Michigan can drop then out of the rankings.

Crazy?
Last year against Ohio State. Penn State took then to double OT and lost. Same Scenario. Win for PSU meant nothing to the Big10.

Check this out
Couldn't review the interception call because of "equipment malfunction"?
Not one ref watching the game clock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGxuIAylEI

Tin foil hat on   :lol:

Wow... I would be amazed...except I've seen the PAC-12 refs doing crap like that for many years.  It wasn't quite so blatant, but similar stuff happened against Oregon on behalf of Stanford on Saturday.  I guess nobody wanted Stanford to lose their potential playoff spot.  Phantom pass interference calls.  "Non" fumbles.  Grrrrr.......  Too bad the Ducks won.  Hahaaaaa..... :lol: :thumb: :thumb:

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm......"