COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Tomy2Tone

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #60 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:16 pm »
Gotta say those Buckeyes looked good. And that was without 3 starting WR's and their best defensive player. I remember they used to call Kordell Stewart "Slash" for everything he could do on the field. Braxton Miller looked like he may get a nickname before the season is over...that was impressive what he did last night.

BobC

« Reply #61 on: 8 Sep 2015, 04:45 pm »
Yeah, VT gave us trouble in the 2nd Q.  Don't know if you caught it or not....but the QB took a real shot sometime in the first half.  Then at halftime he was caught on camera talking with another teammate in the locker room...something like "it'll take a hell of a lot more than that to take me out"!  ...not sure if that footage made it to the OSU sideline, but the big boys really let him have it.  Too bad it resulted in a broken collarbone.....VT wasn't the same without him.  Hate to see a serious injury at anytime.....but as I understand it a collarbone break may be 6-8 weeks, so maybe he'll return towards the end of the season.

Media does not belong in the locker room at halftime, IMO.

BobC

« Reply #62 on: 8 Sep 2015, 04:48 pm »

Of course I love Braxton.  But even non-Buckeye fans have to admire his character.  Sticking with his team when he could have left to start QB somewhere else, or to the NFL....switching positions to make room.  I really think it'll help his draft stock.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #63 on: 8 Sep 2015, 05:15 pm »
Media does not belong in the locker room at halftime, IMO.

Completely agree. BTW, that spin move was "all world." Great athlete and appears to be a great kid too.

Mizzou opened with a 34-3 win over an instate FCS program. After watching Gary Pinkel for 15 years, I've learned that he is not going to run up the score on an FCS opponent, especially an in-state one. The move to the Southeastern conference created some scheduling holes through 2016 for the Tigers as well as Texas A & M that result in games with schools like Southeast Missouri State. Mizzou's defense is going to be fine. There is young talent very capable of following in the footsteps of Kony Ealy, Shane Ray and Markus Golden. Remember the name Drew Lock. He is a true freshman QB that is #2 on the depth chart and is the real deal. He was one of the top 3 performers at the Elite 11 camp last year and was 6-10, 134 yards and 10 points in the 3 series he played, including the first series of the 2nd quarter.

College football is great!

Mudslide

« Reply #64 on: 12 Sep 2015, 06:19 am »
"College football is great!"    Amen, brother.

Where are all the MSU fans?  Don't want to talk about the Oregon game tomorrow?  It should be a GREAT game.   :no_see:  Both teams have their imperfections...the Ducks' pimple is the young secondary.  But both teams have great players and playoff potential. 

Let's rock!

And GO DUCKS!   :bounce:

Mudslide

« Reply #65 on: 13 Sep 2015, 05:22 am »
AARGH!

Emil

« Reply #66 on: 13 Sep 2015, 02:54 pm »
AARGH!

Mudslide
Sorry for your loss but they did look good in their silver and white combo :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #67 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:00 pm »
Who does the scheduling?

For instance, and every power team has their share of "cupcakes", Ohio State and Hawaii. You have these guys fly 12 hours from Hawaii to be humiliated on national TV 38 to O! Why? Why would Hawaii even agree to play?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #68 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:18 pm »
Who does the scheduling?

For instance, and every power team has their share of "cupcakes", Ohio State and Hawaii. You have these guys fly 12 hours from Hawaii to be humiliated on national TV 38 to O! Why? Why would Hawaii even agree to play?

$$$$$

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #69 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:34 pm »
Mudslide
Sorry for your loss but they did look good in their silver and white combo :thumb:

And their sparkly "My Little Pony" helmets. One thing for sure, the Ducks are gonna have unusual uniforms!

Sad day for Boise State, too. BYU pulls another rabbit (actually two) from hat.

kgturner

« Reply #70 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:51 pm »
AARGH!

I watched much of this game just for the helmets alone. I have a lot of respect for Oregon being an Auburn fan. Hell, at least Oregon played tough and fought hard til the end. Auburn shite the bed the entire game and had to take an FCS team (that was supposed to be a 42 point dog) to OT to win. Auburn has no business being ranked as high as they are given their level of play. If we don't drop out of the top 10 after yesterday, we certainly will after next week.

Kevin T

Mudslide

« Reply #71 on: 28 Sep 2015, 02:15 pm »
Well...I guess we're ALL disappointed by now. 

In the words of the great Jackie Gleason, what a revoltin' development this is!   :cry:

BobC

« Reply #72 on: 28 Sep 2015, 04:13 pm »
Ohio State vs Mich State should be on everyone's calendar!  Nov 21.   :weights:  Go Bucks! 

Emil

« Reply #73 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:00 pm »
Well...I guess we're ALL disappointed by now. 

In the words of the great Jackie Gleason, what a revoltin' development this is!   :cry:

Oregon not ranked for the 1st time since 2009. What's happening Mudslide? QB issues now that Mariota has left?

Emil

« Reply #74 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:10 pm »
Ohio State vs Mich State should be on everyone's calendar!  Nov 21.   :weights:  Go Bucks!

BobC
So how are they looking to you? We know that they are winning but i hear some kinks still need to be worked out.

BobC

« Reply #75 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:11 pm »
Rough, but getting a little bit better every week.  No different than last year   :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #76 on: 16 Oct 2015, 12:11 pm »
Two games I have my eye on this weekend:

My Nittany Lions at Ohio State.. This may be a loooonnnnng game for the Lions. Hopefully the defense will keep it close. But hey, any given Saturday!

Michigan State at Michigan
   Amazing what Harbaugh has done so far. Defense has given up ZERO points  points in the last 3 games. MSU and Ohio State will have their hands full.
Penn State plays them at home late November. Anything can happen at Beaver Stadium :thumb:

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #77 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:24 pm »

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #78 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:31 pm »
As an MSU fan, I have to say I'm nervous for tomorrow's game vs. the Wolverines.

UM is not going to shut out MSU, no way, but our defense is suspect.  However, if we can force Rudock to throw and stop the run, I like our chances.

Mudslide

« Reply #79 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:45 pm »
As an MSU fan, I have to say I'm nervous for tomorrow's game vs. the Wolverines.

UM is not going to shut out MSU, no way, but our defense is suspect.  However, if we can force Rudock to throw and stop the run, I like our chances.

Michigan is favored???  No way.  Have faith, HFO!