I bought some JBL Bluetooth headphones..on the way.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I bought some JBL Bluetooth headphones..on the way.
« on: 13 Jul 2014, 04:40 pm »
I'm a JBL fan for those who don't know, all vintage JBL's here, had 5 pair at one time....down to 3 pair now...LOL
I even have a JBL hat....so I saw these the other day with a preorder badge due to ship 11/14. I love the look and the other day the badge was gone and "In stock ready to ship" had arrived so I ordered some, due in Thursday!!

The JBL E40BT- Bluetooth, on ear, rechargeable and cabled also as another option....here is the link, I couldn't eek out enough cash for the E50BT's but these should be cool.....more info later..

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/Synchros-E40BT/SYNCHROS%20E40BT_JBL_US?skuId=E40BTBLK_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly&sCatId=cat150008

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: I bought some JBL Bluetooth headphones..on the way.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2014, 03:50 am »
Hi Ed. It's been a while  :)

The JBL's you bought seems like a fair option for mobile use. Let us know what you think of them.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2014, 02:51 pm »
I'm really enjoying these, they took a few hours to really open up but once they did I can find no faults that would stop me from buying again. There is nice solid rounded bass tones not overdone in anyway that I can hear. High end is fine mids are fine. I grabbed them to see where JBL was with headphone sound and I like it. I also recently grabbed some Momentum On-ear through Massdrop and await delivery but when they come I'll have Beyer DT1350, Momentums, and these to compare. The JBL's can be BT or wired which I love so I'll compare all wired and see how my ears play it out. No preconceptions or favs as I'll own outright all 3, so I'm excited.
 These JBL's surprised me a bit, I've always enjoyed the JBL sound and it sounds like its back and affordable....for $99 these are fine for me all around....no regrets!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2014, 12:13 pm »
An update for anyone who may be looking at these. I have had them about 2 weeks and use them everyday....with or without the cord whatever floats my boat at the time. First off I have yet to charge the battery from my initial charge, the suckers keep goin and goin!!!!!

They sound extremely different from the first listen but in a good way. The sound has smoothed out so from top to bottom I hear solid sound reproduction, if a note is struck you'll hear it as loud as any other note. They seem to grow more musical everyday, at 56 yr's old I found myself bouncing along as I walked with my cane down the sidewalk in downtown Allentown.....LOL. The more they play in the more and more muical mine are becoming. Along with that observation I must say these have one of the largest soundstages I've ever heard in any type of headphone. The music comes from anywhere around my head 360 degrees and from distance that seems higher or lower than what I've heard before....very unique. I paid $99 for these and I can find very little if anything to complain about. I have on my table these, the modded Grados, a new pair of Sennheiser Momentum on ears and some BeyerDynamic DT1350's......I always grab for these first, and they are the least expensive, the Senns I got through Massdrop for $109 (limited color offerings-Ivory would have been my choice but only Red, Pea Green and Pink were offered).
 So anyway thats were all that stands at the moment.....if anything radically changes I'll shout back. :dance: :dance: