Hot Rod Black - French Vanilla Silk X-LS Encore Revised Pricing with Pictures

harley52

Can you give dimensions and weight and  a price on a finished pr. in the Silk Vanilla or is the $450 price for a finished product?
Thanks much,
Steve
[/quote]

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
The black ones are a pair that Ruben made for me.  They arrived today and are breaking in right now.  The pictures don't do them justice.  Beautiful construction, excellent fit and finish and Ruben was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

For the price (and maybe twice the price) you would be hard pressed to find a better pair of speakers.

Randy

Hello Randy,

Thanks for for the comments!  :D

Very glad to hear that everything was up to snuff.

They really are great little speakers.

I'd love to hear back once you've got them broken in and have been able to spend time getting to know them.

Thanks again,

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Can you give dimensions and weight and  a price on a finished pr. in the Silk Vanilla or is the $450 price for a finished product?
Thanks much,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Weight is about 40 lbs. and the box dimensions are approx. 23" x 17" x 16". I ship via FedEx Home Delivery, so please use their calculator if looking up shipping costs.

$450 is the price for a finished pair using the standard Encore kit.

Upgrade options and pricing are listed within the X-LS Encore order section of the product page. http://gr-research.com/x-lsencorekit.aspx

There is a $15.00 installation charge for the NoRez.

Thanks,

Ruben

dissonant

Hiya Ruben,

Do you take international orders for custom cabinets (about the size of the X-LS Encores but sealed) and assembly of non GR Research (sorry, Danny; wanted a sealed 2-way which you didn't seem to offer) kits? If you do, could you please PM me your e-mail address for further discussions and a price estimate? (Had to create a new account on AC - AKer here - just to do so; love your cabinets!) I can't PM you due to AC's rules, of course.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Hiya Ruben,

Do you take international orders for custom cabinets (about the size of the X-LS Encores but sealed) and assembly of non GR Research (sorry, Danny; wanted a sealed 2-way which you didn't seem to offer) kits? If you do, could you please PM me your e-mail address for further discussions and a price estimate? (Had to create a new account on AC - AKer here - just to do so; love your cabinets!) I can't PM you due to AC's rules, of course.

Hello,

Welcome to Audio Circle!

Sending you a PM now.

Ruben

Skiman

Hiya Ruben,

The XL-S Encore can be built sealed. Ruben built me four, with four more on the way. And they sound great, by the way.

roscoe65

Hello Randy,

Thanks for for the comments!  :D

Very glad to hear that everything was up to snuff.

They really are great little speakers.

I'd love to hear back once you've got them broken in and have been able to spend time getting to know them.

Thanks again,

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Over this past weekend the speakers seemed to turn a corner in break in.  I use them most frequently for two-channel HT attached to an NAD D3020.  It may seem odd to hear, but the soundstage from movies and TV shows suddenly got wider with greater image separation.  It was a bit startling to suddenly hear a two-channel HBO soundtrack grow an additional five feet in width.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Hi Ruben,

Over this past weekend the speakers seemed to turn a corner in break in.  I use them most frequently for two-channel HT attached to an NAD D3020.  It may seem odd to hear, but the soundstage from movies and TV shows suddenly got wider with greater image separation.  It was a bit startling to suddenly hear a two-channel HBO soundtrack grow an additional five feet in width.

Hello, Randy.

Happy to hear that they just keep gettin' better with age!!!

An additional 5 feet of sound-staging combined with an increase in image separation will certainly make movies more fun. :thumb:

I really appreciate the update. It'd be great to hear of any further changes as time goes on.

Thank You!

Ruben