Bottlehead Crack SpeedBall OTL Headphone Amplifier - $SOLD

nurxhunter

Includes the tubes shown.  USA only.  PP gift or we split 3% fees, and also shipping.

Well known and well reviewed as possibly the nicest sounding amp for the Sennheiser 580/600/650/700/800, but PARTICULARLY for the HD650, which I can testify is not hype, but quite valid.  I owned the SinglePower Extreme, which has a transformative impact on the HeadAmp field, because so many 6AS7 OTL amps have followed it, including this one.  I bought and sold--after modifying them--two Extremes.

The Crack Speedball sounds better to my ear, faster.  But, this is from memory.  In any case, I am aware of only glowing reviews for this OTL amp.  CONUSA sales only.  I have a lot of only + feedback under this name at the usual  places. 

This was buily by an experienced DIY-er, and was checked out by another, from whom I bought it.  It runs quiet, had good power (for high impedance phones) and really sound nice.  I believe the kit is around $400 and cost another $350 to have it built.  Check out the highly competent build.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: 7 Nov 2014, 02:29 pm by nurxhunter »

nurxhunter

Re: Bottlehead Crack SpeedBall OTL Headphone Amplifier - $435
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2014, 05:22 pm »
Brump.

nurxhunter

bmp for an elegant and simple SET design thought out well from top to bottom. OTL-SET. All tube. One 12AU7 driver and 1 6AS7G/6080 power tube. Goldilocks amp.  Runs not too hot, not too cool.  Sounds not too warm, not too lean. Thanks.