ModWright in Bangkok, represented by Elpa Shaw - VOTED BEST OF SHOW

modwright

I was thrilled to hear that over the last weekend, not only was our gear well represented in the Bay Area, CA, at the Dagogo show, but also in Bangkok, Thailand, at their Audio show, by our distributor Elpa Shaw.  It was voted by attendees - BEST OF SHOW!:

LS 36.5 and KWA 150 were used.  Source was CD by Sim Audio - our distributors don't carry our modified products.  I KNOW....we need a digital source by MWI!  :roll:

Thanks,

Dan W.

« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2014, 05:28 pm by modwright »

wywires

Congratulations Dan!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Congrats Dan. It looks like they did a very good job of representing your products :thumb:. Well deserved I'm sure.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Congratulations Dan, Now you are a man of International intrigue  :o

johzel

What kind of speakers are those . . . showing my ignorance  :scratch:

Phil A

Congrats - can't argue with "LS 36.5 and KWA 150 were used" as I use the 36.5DM and KWA150SE.

klao

Congratulations, Dan!   :thumb:  Too bad I was too busy that week and missed the whole show. 

I would glady have loaned them my MWI Oppo 95 tube mod, if you asked.   :wink:

I was thrilled to hear that over the last weekend, not only was our gear well represented in the Bay Area, CA, at the Dagogo show, but also in Bangkok, Thailand, at their Audio show, by our distributor Elpa Shaw.  It was voted by attendees - BEST OF SHOW!:

LS 36.5 and KWA 150 were used.  Source was CD by Sim Audio - our distributors don't carry our modified products.  I KNOW....we need a digital source by MWI!  :roll:

Thanks,

Dan W.

klao

I think they're Marten Design's Heritage Getz.

What kind of speakers are those . . . showing my ignorance  :scratch:

vintagebob

Congrats Dan!  Good sound can be recognized around the globe.

modwright

Thank you all very much!

I am off to HK in a couple of weeks, where our products are distributed by Audio Extreme for HK/China.

I will be bringing the first of our KWI 200 Integrated amps to HK with me.

I will share photos and experiences on my return.  I thoroughly enjoy travels to Asia.  I was fortunate enough to visit both HK and Manila, Philippines last year - two separate trips obviously.  I feel that other countries REALLY enjoy music, perhaps more than mainstream America.  Next year I plan to make the Munich show also.

Take care,

Dan W.

johzel

I will be bringing the first of our KWI 200 Integrated amps to HK with me.

Is a release date announcement close at hand?  Or did I miss it?

Ern Dog

Excellent news!

Nice job Dan the Modwright team! 

roadkingraw

Great Job Dan!  So glad to hear your products were so well received.  Also glad to hear you have possibly gotten the integrated close to being finished.  I know it was of great concern to you.  I shouldn't have stayed so long chatting on my last visit.  You could have used the hour to work in the integrated a little more.
Randy Wilson

modwright

Hi guys, the Integrated is coming along well.  I am working VERY hard right now to finish the first-article to take with me to HK on Monday the 1st of August.

It looks beautiful, I will attach (from the office), the first pre-production photo of the unit.

It will offer exceptional power and flexibility for < $5K.

I expect to be shipping by late Oct.  Once everything is finalized in terms of options, etc.  Power transformers are on order, knobs will be ordered soon, all internal parts are on order and metalwork (chassis) will take 4-6 weeks and I need to be sure that everything is finalized before this order is placed.

I appreciate all of your support.

Sincerely,

Dan

dminches

Does it have a "heaphone" jack?   :lol:

jwes

Can't wait to hear more about the integrated.  Does "200" indicate the power?  Hoping it will be more, but if it's high current, yada yada...

modwright

Hi, no headphone jack at this point.  200 does indicate power:

200W - 8 ohms
400W - 4 ohms.
1.5KVA power transformer.

I have been listening to it today and it is functional and sounds great, but now is time to really dial in the design.

Thanks,

Dan