Carbon Fiber Mat

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Carbon Fiber Mat
« on: 1 Feb 2015, 01:44 pm »
It seems there are only 2 brands of CF mats available anymore ( at least that I could find), TTW and Millenium.  For those that own either one, or a Boston Audio Designs, what did you use prior and what type of improvement did you notice?

orthobiz

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Re: Carbon Fiber Mat
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2015, 07:11 pm »
Funny Paul, I just stumbled upon this one a little earlier.  It's certainly a lot less $$ than the other two I mentioned.

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2015, 02:33 am »
I was looking at the Analogue Studio Carbon Fibre Mat. It's sold a few different places, including Amazon.co.uk.

orthobiz

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2015, 06:37 pm »
Funny Paul, I just stumbled upon this one a little earlier.  It's certainly a lot less $$ than the other two I mentioned.

Must have a lot less fiber! :lol:
I have a VPI HW-19 with a massive platter: no mat.
And a Linn LP-12: gotta use their felt mat of you can't call yourself a Linnie.

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2015, 07:12 pm »
Impact of mat has differed depending on the table I have used. The Auditorium 23 is well deserving of the praise it gets on the Well Tempered Amadeus, but I found that the Origin Live mat didn't have a positive effect on my Townshend Rock 7. But the Rock is designed to not have a mat, because the "The platter is machined from high density polyethylene (HDPE) that was chosen for its virtually identical physical properties to the vinyl LP."

So as always YMMV.

Note: neither of these are carbon fiber, but thought this was an important point to make.

Another note: If anyone is interested in a good deal on an Origin Live mat, lemme know.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 3 Feb 2015, 07:40 pm »
There is also Speed mat from Extremephono.

I have used both Speed mat and Boston audio Carbon 1.  Now I use Puresound Tenuto Platter Mat.  I still have them all.  They do different things on different tables -- mostly better.