What speakers would cause you to give up your Salks?

Marbles

Quote from: zybar
- I wouldn't give up my HT3's for any of them!!   ...

Just curious, what speakers would you give your Salk's up for?*

* Rule 1: You have to keep and listen, you can't just get speakers to resell to buy another pair of Salks.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2006, 12:40 am »
If I didn't factor money into the equation it would probably be the Vandy 5A's.  I know these speakers well and their performance is equal to or surpasses my stock HT3's.

Of course the list price on the Vandy's is over $20k with a nice finish - that still isn't as good as Jim's.   :beer:

Otherwise, I haven't spent any time with a speaker I would rather own than my Salk HT3's.

George

jermmd

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2006, 12:45 am »
Rule #1 shot me down.
I haven't heard anything better but I would like to check out the Top of the line Dali and Dynaudio speakers. Vandersteen 5A's are supposedly very good. There's nothing at twice the price that I would consider trading my speakers for. But there are many great speakers I've never heard-including Maggies as mentioned in the other thread.

Gordy

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2006, 12:55 am »
Nothing that I can afford... you stated that I'd have to buy them and keep them, so I'm presuming that it's not a fantasy world question.

Long long before I had the HT-3's I had a good listen to the Piega C40's and I was very impressed at the time, but they were being driven by Lamm, Nagra and Oracle.  Now that I've grown acustom to the HT-3's???

koiman

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2006, 10:36 pm »
I think I will stick witrh my HT3 they just seem to sound better every day. I don't think you could have a better set of  sounding speakers for less than 20K.

_scotty_

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2006, 10:56 pm »
The only possible reason I could see for replacing a high quality speaker like the Salk HT3 is if it was outperformed by another speaker in every area
in a direct comparision in your listening room.  This would eliminate the effects of unreliable aural memory.  We have all heard speakers that sounded or looked impressive that could not be lived with long term.
Scotty