Shouldn't we see a new speaker of the month soon???

Marbles

« on: 13 Oct 2005, 04:12 pm »
When do you anticipate a NSOTM?

Thanks (in advance) for posting any new pics Jim...

jsalk

« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2005, 04:14 pm »
Rob -

I'll try and post some this evening.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2005, 01:50 am »
OK -

Two new Veracity of the Month pages this evening.  I'll try to get two more out tomorrow evening.

- Jim

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2005, 01:53 am »
I'm digging both of them.  :thumb:

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2005, 02:06 am »
Jim I hope you don't mind me posting a pic of the sealed HT1's, but I'm kind of floored by how well they and the stands look.

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2005, 04:02 am »
Marbles -

I don't mind at all.  The Hawaiian koa is a very attractive wood.  These are the first pair I have ever done with matching stands (at Dan's request).  Stands are almost as much work as the speakers themselves.  So I normally don't consider it cost effective when there are so many good stands on the market for far less.  But when a customer asks, I do my best to accommodate.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2005, 08:46 pm »
For those who are interested, two more VOTM pairs have been posted.  More to come next week.

- Jim

jermmd

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2005, 10:00 pm »
Very nice, Jim. I'd really like to see a pair of HT3's stained black or dark gray. Say in a Tamo Ash veneer. And I'd especially like to see it in my house. :wink:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2005, 11:32 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
For those who are interested, two more VOTM pairs have been posted.  More to come next week.

- Jim

I loved the look of Jim's pair of HT3a's and almost bought them at the show.  The only thing that stopped me was the lack of any upgrades.

Although the pics are good, they are really stunning in person.

I can't wait to see how Joe's pair (hopefully in his listening room) turned out.

George

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2005, 12:43 am »
jermmd -

I sprayed the final coats of lacquer on your cabinets and plinths yesterday.  Shot more lacquer on the front baffles today.  Should be able to rub them out this week.  Stay tuned...

- Jim

jermmd

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2005, 02:26 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
jermmd -

I sprayed the final coats of lacquer on your cabinets and plinths yesterday.  Shot more lacquer on the front baffles today.  Should be able to rub them out this week.  Stay tuned...

- Jim

Woot! :mrgreen:
I can not wait.

Marbles

« Reply #11 on: 8 Nov 2005, 02:31 pm »
Joe, any word (or pictures) on these speakers?

jermmd

« Reply #12 on: 8 Nov 2005, 03:12 pm »
Hopefully they'll be finished this week and I'll get them next week. Of course, I've been saying this for about a month now. I ordered my speakers at a bad time. There were a bunch of people ahead of me in the queue and Jim had a ton of other stuff going on-festivals and such. Next week, it will be 5 months since I ordered the speakers.

I'll post pictures asap. Jim is welcome to post the pictures as well.

Joe

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 8 Nov 2005, 04:41 pm »
Hang in there Joe...at least you know they will have been worth the wait.

George

Marbles

« Reply #14 on: 8 Nov 2005, 04:52 pm »
The closer it is to getting them, the harder the wait.

As Zybar mentioned, I think that you will think it will be worth the wait, once you see them and listen to them.

Hang in there for just another month or two  :lol:   Just kidding...

I am anxious to see pictures of them.

I'm not sure why, but I like seeing pictures of Salks that you guys get.

Randy

« Reply #15 on: 8 Nov 2005, 06:18 pm »
Jim said my HT-1s should go out this week.  Macassar ebony with a claro walnut baffle.  Can't wait much longer.

I audtioned them just briefly in Denver and was astonished by their clarity.  Question - do they ever tend toward over-brightness?  Marbles and others, any suggestions for a synergistic speaker cable to hook them to my Odyssey amps?  Right now I have PS audio statement cords, but they are so heavy I'm afraid they'll pull the Salks right off the stands.  I had that problem before when I tried a pair of stand mounted Silverlines.  Anyway, I suspect the PS cables might not bring out all of the exceptional clarity of the HT-1s, but what do I know?

Marbles

« Reply #16 on: 8 Nov 2005, 06:24 pm »
Randy, I would try the Gregg Straley Reality speaker wire.  VERY reasonably priced for the quality.

Randy

« Reply #17 on: 8 Nov 2005, 07:13 pm »
Thanks, Rob.  I'll take a look at them.

pugs

« Reply #18 on: 8 Nov 2005, 11:39 pm »
Quote from: Randy
Jim said my HT-1s should go out this week.  Macassar ebony with a claro walnut baffle.  Can't wait much longer.

I audtioned them just briefly in Denver and was astonished by their clarity.  Question - do they ever tend toward over-brightness?  Marbles and others, any suggestions for a synergistic speaker cable to hook them to my Odyssey amps?  Right now I have PS audio statement cords, but they are so heavy I'm afraid they'll pull the Salks right off the stands.  I had that problem before when I tried a  ...

I'm also getting macassar ebony with claro walnut baffles on my HTC and HT3's.  I also have Odyssey amps.  Let me know how they work together when you get your speakers.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 9 Nov 2005, 12:01 am »
Quote from: Marbles
Randy, I would try the Gregg Straley Reality speaker wire.  VERY reasonably priced for the quality.

Another very good speaker cable to try is TG Audio HSR.

I have used the TG Audio and Gregg Straley cables with very good results with my HT3's.

George