SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-105D with all the extras

peabody

SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-105D with all the extras
« on: 29 Apr 2017, 11:19 pm »
I'm selling my excellent condition Oppo BDP-105 with the Modwright Truth modification, 5' Modwright "Truth" umbilical cable and PS9.9 Power Supply. The unit includes the  optional Bybee music rail upgrade on two channel portion ($225) and optional Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX upgrade ($400). This is the "fully loaded" upgrade from Modwright and retails for $4,450.  The PS9.9 power supply also has the large hole to accommodate larger rectifier tubes.  I'm the original owner. 

I'm also including a pair of Sophia Electric Grade A 6SN7 matched tubes ($200) and a Phillips 5R4-GYS rectifier tube ($139).  These are the tubes Dan recommends to get the most from the player.

Includes all Oppo and Modwright original accessories and packaging.

I'm asking $2650 plus shipping.  I would prefer PayPal gift, money order or personal check but would be willing to split the PayPal fees.  Local pickup welcome (I live in 07712 zip) and I would be willing to drive 100 miles or so if you'd like to meet up.

The ModWright Oppo 105D modification has been awarded an Editor's Choice award in The Absolute Sound, based on Jim Hannon's review and is listed in 2016 Buyer's Guide. Plus you can read the rave reviews in TAS, Positive Feedback, and Dagogo.

AWARDED 2017 EDITOR’S CHOICE AWARD IN THE ABSOLUTE SOUND!
From Arnie Nudell: “My final remarks are very simple.  If you want to hear music in all its glory I would implore you to rush out and get this Modwright Oppo, you will never be sorry... With the right program material it does as good a job as anything conveying the musicality and emotion of a live concert.”

Tube mod includes:
- Total redesign and replacement of single-ended and fully balanced output stage with our own tube analog stage (6SN7 driver tubes).
- External PS (new design) with one rectifier (5AR4, GZ34, 5U4, 5V4 and equivalents) and two voltage regulator tubes (13EM7,12EM7 and suitable subs.)
- ‘Truth’ umbilical of our own design.
- Upgraded Cardas GRFA series RCA’s for stereo outs.
- Upgraded Furutech cryo-treated IEC.
- Highest Quality resistors in key signal path applications.
- All signal wire = 99.9999% pure, cryo-treated solid-core silver wire from Cardas metals.
- Upgrades to internal stock power supplies (Linear power supply replacement for stock SMPS not included )
- Damping mods for chassis and transport.
- External supply available with optional ‘Hole’ to allow for use of taller, larger diameter tubes other than 5AR4/GZ34

Bybee Music Rail Upgrade:
- Installation of Bybee rail at critical voltage to DAC
- The purpose of the Bybee rail is to SIGNIFICANTLY (MEASURABLE!) upgrade the quality of the power feeding a critical voltage to the DAC.
- This translates to lower jitter and a lower noise floor. This is an entirely different technology than Bybee purifiers which we have also used for years now with great success. This is a breakthrough technology!
- The upgrades improves resolution, detail and decay which leads to broader sound stage and a more natural musical presentation, with out edge or glare.

Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX Upgrade:
- The Pulse Gen ZX operates on the principle of noise absorption in the space surrounding the internal power supply within the player.
- It simply it adds more dynamic and detail, due to a further lowering of the noise floor.

« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 03:12 pm by peabody »

Jolly

Re: Modwright Oppo BDP-105D with all the extras
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2017, 05:59 pm »
  Pete,
   Please make room in your private mail box because I cannot send you a message now.
      Thank You,
       Tom

peabody

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2017, 02:16 pm »
Buyer backed out so the unit is available again.

peabody

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2017, 05:56 pm »
Bump

peabody

Re: SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-105D with all the extras
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2017, 03:12 pm »
Sold!