Streamer Gen III

Paret

• Keller, TX
Streamer Gen III
« on: 26 Jun 2016, 02:10 pm »
My Salk Streamer Gen III arrived yesterday. I sent my Gen II to be upgraded so that I can have Roon available.

As always Jim was great through the process. Communicating with me and answering my emails. Thank you.

I am listening right now and have been for a few hours since yesterday. FedEx delivered around noon and I hooked it up and had it running in just a few minutes.

Then started my Roon 14 day trial.  Now after a few hours I really like all the features. I'm 53 years old and not much up to speed with all the computer stuff so it takes me longer to figure out than it would my 28 year old son for sure. In any case I can say that my 733 album library now has a new life. (Makes me want to transfer all my LP's all 800+ of them just for the convenience). The way Roon connects by artist or genre, etc. plus the way you can filter and search even by file type/resolution/ or almost whatever you can think of, allows me to remember why I bought the album even when it may have been years ago.

And of course the sound quality is superb. Hooked via USB to my DAC and controlled with iPad using Roon now.

For those considering one JUST DO IT.

Again thank you Jim.  :D

If anyone has any good tips using Roon or the Streamer please share.

Regards to all,  :thumb:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Ern Dog

Re: Streamer Gen III
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2016, 06:07 pm »
Excellent news Luis!  Connecting more with the music is what it's all about. 
Did you notice any sonic difference going from gen 2 to gen 3+ Roon?

Paret

• Keller, TX
Re: Streamer Gen III
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2016, 05:47 pm »
Excellent news Luis!  Connecting more with the music is what it's all about. 
Did you notice any sonic difference going from gen 2 to gen 3+ Roon?

Sonically seems the same to me. The computer is definitely faster so it responds quickly and uploading three new albums I just bought from HD Tracks was fast.

:D

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX