Chris' SoundScape 8's in pau ferro rosewood

jsalk

Chris' SoundScape 8's in pau ferro rosewood
« on: 11 May 2012, 08:50 pm »
Chris wanted a pair of SoundScape 8's in pau ferro rosewood.  And while you can't see it, he also upgraded the crossover caps to Sonicaps.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Chris!

- Jim

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
Re: Chris' SoundScape 8's in pau ferro rosewood
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2012, 08:58 pm »
Now we're talkin'!  Incredibly beautiful.  Makes me lean more towards the medium grey rather than lighter wood tone for my upcoming SS8s.  The darker finish really fits this model, IMO.  Congratulations Chris!  Maybe I'll be next.

........Peter

mark funk

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2012, 09:19 pm »
Dam, Those look SWEET :thumb:

:smoke:

Austin08

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2012, 09:53 pm »
Another masterpiece from Jim. Congrat Chris, you are in for a real treat. Happy listening.

yetis

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2012, 10:01 pm »
ahh! Their done!

Very happy with how they came out.  Think the wife will be as well. (far more important...).

Now I have to get these Ncore's working and ready for their arrival! 

Thank you Jim, for your patience in dealing with my indecision.

rick_reynolds40

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2012, 12:40 am »
Wow.  Just Wow.  I am betting they sound as good as they look.

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2012, 02:34 am »
These works of art also sound great? Whoah!!!

ratso

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2012, 12:43 pm »
Now we're talkin'!  Incredibly beautiful.  Makes me lean more towards the medium grey rather than lighter wood tone for my upcoming SS8s.  The darker finish really fits this model, IMO.  Congratulations Chris!  Maybe I'll be next.

........Peter

yeah i agree, don't know what it is but i think these look better in darker wood. very nice.

texas steve

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2012, 02:06 am »

WOW Jim you amaze me.   I have had my HT3s for ever and I keep looking here a drooling!  Geez!
Chris wanted a pair of SoundScape 8's in pau ferro rosewood.  And while you can't see it, he also upgraded the crossover caps to Sonicaps.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Chris!

- Jim

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2012, 03:55 am »
Amazing, Chris - just amazing!  Welcome to the Salk Soundscape family!

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2012, 04:26 pm »
Chris:

Beautifullllllll speakers!! I would like to hear your impressions once you get these set up and have time to listen. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ( rates 5/5 drools)

Harrison

yetis

« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm »
Hello all. I wanted to follow up on my speakers.  I think at this point, I can say that I have now reached the point where I am more than overwhelmed with these speakers.  I will admit, there was a point, where I wasn't.  In reflection, I realize that I was not only breaking in a pair of speakers, but also a set of amplifies. A pair of amplifiers that I built myself...   Today however, its all good.  If I had any complaint, its that they sound REALLY good when you give them a little juice.  Living in an apt in NYC, that can be difficult and considered somewhat un-neighborly. 
Now for a little bit of the audiophile gibberish.  I think I am most taken by the imaging of the speaker, even in a two channel setup.  Further, only last night did I fully realize the potential of the bass, as by son watched Cars for the the first time.   I should note the my son, who is 16 months old, also is an admirer of the sound, dancing, clapping, whenever there is music playing. So all in all, a very pleasant experience.

For those that care, I am driving these with a set of Hypex Ncore amps, in mono-block form.  My source is a Meridian 861 V4 processor (for the room correction) and a Sooloos music server.   My speaker cables are custom/homemade Furutech bi-amp cables (four cables to each speaker) and the amps are fully balanced.

Chris
« Last Edit: 4 Nov 2012, 02:33 pm by yetis »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 1 Nov 2012, 01:10 am »
Another pair I was able to scratch my initials in at the shop.  :wink:  It's starting to be commonplace to see 8's being tested or prepped for shipment in the shop.  Rightfully becoming a very popular speaker.

benguin

« Reply #13 on: 1 Nov 2012, 02:18 am »
I agree- that darker wood tone on the 8's is VERY sleek!!  Congratulations!!

fsimms

« Reply #14 on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:57 am »
If I had any complaint, its that they sound REALLY good when you give them a little juice.  Living in an apt in NYC, that can be difficult and considered somewhat un-neighborly. 

I noticed the same thing with my SoundScape 10s.  They sound down right magical when I turn up the volume.  I got a nasty letter from my condo association last week.   :duh:

Bob

OgOgilby

« Reply #15 on: 4 Nov 2012, 01:33 am »
Wow, those are spectacular SS8's. Congrats Chris! Well done Jim : )