Introduction and stereo plans

eriksven

Introduction and stereo plans
« on: 24 Jun 2017, 09:49 pm »
Greetings,
I've been a "lurker" on this forum for about a year now.  I've been thinking about many different combinations for my first entry into hi-fi.  I basically just want a 2-channel or 2.1. It's going in my 10 X 10' home office.  Given the room limitations, I'm trying to keep things relatively small.  I'm having custom shelves make to hold my integrated amp (I'm planning on getting a W4S mINT with the Kimber upgrades) and some Salk speakers.  I'm finally joining to get some feedback on which speakers--I'll start a separate thread over on the Salk board. For sound, I'm probably just going to start with a direct USB hookup to my PC Tidal lossless music.  Super basic, but I need a better sound system.  Music is my last vice.
Cheers!
Erik Sven

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Introduction and stereo plans
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2017, 11:54 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Erik.  :beer:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2017, 12:50 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2017, 12:08 pm »
Welcome.

For an office that small, you would barely be able to face the speakers, unless you go with desktop system.  Check out audio stream.com for desktop system/speaker recommendations.

Sorry, but in a 10ft x 10ft room expect severe bass boom).  Line one wall with effective absorption material and setup speakers/listening on a skew to the walls.  Definitively use a sub that you can adjust settings on if you want bass. 

Or better yet use use headphones. 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2017, 12:13 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Erik  :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, eriksven!  Agree with your plan to stick with smaller monitors and sub if it can be integrated in a very small room like that.  I also agree with JLM on considering a desktop system or at least placing the speaker position on a 45 degree plane to to the room layout.