We are in the move transition

Danny Richie

We are in the move transition
« on: 6 Jun 2017, 03:46 pm »
We are currently right in the middle of the move to the new location. So I have been splitting time between the new and old locations and I have been a little harder to reach. So please be patient if you don't get me on the phone right away. If someone doesn't answer your call please leave a message and I will return your call.

We have a temporary number at the new location, but have not transferred the main phone lines over yet. I'm still working out of the office at the old location a lot.

We did get Internet service last week. And since we are in a rural area (outside of the city limits) then we really had little choice but to go with a satellite based system. But we are connected.   

I have five 40 foot container loads of inventory already on hand at the new location and I have two more left to move. So some stuff is here and some is there... I have a full office at the new location and we are under full production doing some assembly work for another loudspeaker company. So lots of work there right now.

I can't wait to get settled. I really need to add a ton of new kits and products to our website and I really look forward to getting the updates out there. But I need to get the move behind us first.

Hang in there folks...

Folsom

Re: We are in the move transition
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2017, 03:52 pm »
I'm glad things are going well - that's great you got some OEM production going on. But I will say satelight interenet is abominal shit... you might want to consider using your cellphone with a much higher data plan if you got reception.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2017, 04:23 pm »
  Best of luck Danny. Love your products especially the OB subs, oh my!!

charles

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2017, 05:00 pm »
Hope the new location is all you need it to be.  If you are doing assembly for someone else, at some point you should consider selling completed speakers.  I think I saw someone selling what is pretty much your dual 12" OB sub for $6K each.  I love mine, but it reached a point where they were almost too heavy for me to move when doing final assembly and I haven't really done any heavy lifting DIY stuff since then.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2017, 05:34 pm »
Keep on slugging away. Eventually everything will be in place. But what a PITA in the meantime

THROWBACK

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2017, 12:56 pm »
In my military career, my wife and I made many moves, but it only seemed like we had  "five 40 foot container loads of inventory." Also, our hardest move was when we moved into a downsized house right next door. Once we settled in, however, we loved it. You will too.