I am curious about the Linkwitz LXmini

Davey

Re: I am curious about the Linkwitz LXmini
« Reply #20 on: 3 Nov 2014, 03:13 pm »
I'm assuming you could integrate a powered sub with these speakers.

Absolutely.

I'm as big a fan as there is for the Linkwitz designs, but the LXmini (sans subwoofer) would not do it for me as my everyday system to play all music.  I play too much music with bass, loudly.  :)
But, the LXmini system would certainly work for many users, standalone.

Also, you've posted this query in the "open-baffle" section of AC, but just want to make you're clear this is not really an open-baffle system.  It's a closed-box omni speaker for much of its frequency range.

Cheers,

Dave.

ttan98

« Reply #21 on: 3 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm »

Also, you've posted this query in the "open-baffle" section of AC, but just want to make you're clear this is not really an open-baffle system.  It's a closed-box omni speaker for much of its frequency range.

Cheers,

Dave.

Above 750Hz it behaves like dipole with rear wave attentuated, under 750Hz is omni, I would say in most part of the freq. range the spkrs behaves like a dipole not omni.

Davey

« Reply #22 on: 3 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm »
Above 750Hz it behaves like dipole with rear wave attentuated, under 750Hz is omni, I would say in most part of the freq. range the spkrs behaves like a dipole not omni.

It's fair to think of it as a "hybrid" system, but it wouldn't be correct to think of it as a "typical" open-baffle configuration.  OTOH, some of the "open-baffle" setups I've seen here look more like infinite baffle systems to me.  :)

In my opinion, 700Hz is above the halfway point in the frequency range of nominal music, so I would respectively disagree with your statement.  However, it's certainly nothing to get too excited about.

Dave.