D-200 Warranty

Benb

D-200 Warranty
« on: 14 Feb 2006, 10:18 pm »
With the technology behind these amps being relatively new for a production amp, I would feel more comfortable with a warranty longer than one year.  Is there any discussion of making the warranty longer?

Thanks for any info.

CIAudio

D-200 Warranty
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2006, 12:36 am »
We have no intentions of changing our warranty. Our products are very reliable and in the rare case of a failure, we usually repair even non-warranty items free of charge. I'd be more concerned with a company's reputation than their warranty period...after all, a warranty is no good if you constantly have to use it  :)

Benb

D-200 Warranty
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2006, 12:45 am »
Fair enough.  Two points though.  If you're willing to fix the rare problems for free, why not have a longer warranty?  And many companies use their warranty as a reflexion of their reputation.  Like Bryston.  But I didn't mean for my post to sound confrontational.

CIAudio

D-200 Warranty
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2006, 01:22 am »
A warranty is generally to protect you from a faulty part or workmanship.
These things will usually show up very early in a products life (well within a year). What should matter to you is how a company takes care of it's customers...if you check around, I think you'll find nothing but praise for our products and service.

Benb

D-200 Warranty
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2006, 01:46 am »
I'm very interested in the D-200 to mate with my Modwright SWL SE.  I'm currently running DIY 300B SETs and am looking for nice stable musical amp.

On a separate question, will the binding posts handle the big spades on Analysis Plus Oval 9s?  Or I'd love to hear suggstions on other speaker cables that mate well with these amps and are nice and flexible as I'm also kind of tired of wrasslin' with the AP cables too.

CIAudio

D-200 Warranty
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2006, 02:22 am »
On newer versions, standard spades will fit when entering from the top or bottom. Personally, I like the Harmonic Tech cables which can be ordered with locking bananas on the amp end. Their "Fantasy" uses 11g wire and is still fairly stiff, but the locking bananas make them much easier to work with. The larger 9g cable can also be ordered with them. You might check with Analysis Plus to see if they can re-terminate your existing cables.