NFL Football '16-17

fredgarvin

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #140 on: 11 Oct 2016, 04:09 pm »
Last night's game won't be helping the ratings slump. Inept game on both sides. Carolina gave the game away with those time outs. They seem to be intent on proving last year was a fluke.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #141 on: 11 Oct 2016, 04:56 pm »
Recent game results will help the Panthers with some much needed humility. I thought the Super Bowl was a well-deserved comeuppance. Seeing them unable to answer the bell this year gilds the lily. The way Atlanta is going forward and the loss of two division games so early puts Carolina in a position to worry about just making the playoffs.

fredgarvin

« Reply #142 on: 16 Oct 2016, 05:11 pm »
The two most intriguing games this week are Atlanta at Seattle and the Redskins hosting division rival Philly.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #143 on: 16 Oct 2016, 05:34 pm »
Go Hawks !   :thumb: 

As noted should be a heck of a game.

fredgarvin

« Reply #144 on: 16 Oct 2016, 06:43 pm »
Philly must regret the Kiko Alonzo trade. Now that he's 100% he's third in the league with 50 tackles, 24 assists. Philly has no one among the top 46.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #145 on: 17 Oct 2016, 04:50 pm »
I've seen mention several times now about how ratings are way down this year for televised NFL games. Participation here on AC is way down as well, perhaps reflecting the same disinterest. Personally, I find I'm more interested in the standings than the actual games. More and more it seems like
"If you've seen one, you've seen them all". I'm tired of the commercials, the ever changing rules, the replay theatre and the spotty enforcement of penalties.

mcgsxr

« Reply #146 on: 17 Oct 2016, 05:16 pm »
For me my interest in football spins up once baseball playoffs are done, and once the initial rush of the NHL season opening dies down.

Typically I start watching football in mid November.

And by then my Chargers have usually set their season up - though not often in a good way these past 25 years!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #147 on: 17 Oct 2016, 06:04 pm »
And by then my Chargers have usually set their season up - though not often in a good way these past 25 years!

Wasn't there a year where the Chargers finished the season with the #1 ranked offense and the #1 defense but had an 8-8 record?

They've always had great talent but can't seem to put it together.

fredgarvin

« Reply #148 on: 31 Oct 2016, 05:19 pm »
The NFC East is a dogfight this season. I wonder if Romo gets put back in-will the Cowboys continue as is? He has been unconvincing the last couple years.

The AFC West is another punch out division.

Writers are starting to circle like sharks around some coaches, yet Hue Jackson is getting a pass at 0-8. The new OT rules are producing crap, as predicted by saner voices. Draws are not good for the game.

Weird trade NE just made.

randytsuch

« Reply #149 on: 31 Oct 2016, 05:32 pm »
The NFC East is a dogfight this season. I wonder if Romo gets put back in-will the Cowboys continue as is? He has been unconvincing the last couple years.

After being so-so for a while, NFC east looks very tough this year, Boys, Skins and Eagles all good.

I seen lots of discussion about Romo, I don't see how you put Romo in at this point, Prescott is now 6-1. 
The loss was the first week, I think Prescott and Elliot were not quite ready in that first game.

I missed the game last night, watched the world series, but saw the highlights and Prescott came through when the game was on the line in the 4th and ot.

Randy

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #150 on: 31 Oct 2016, 05:46 pm »

The AFC West is another punch out division.

Writers are starting to circle like sharks around some coaches, yet Hue Jackson is getting a pass at 0-8. The new OT rules are producing crap, as predicted by saner voices. Draws are not good for the game.

Weird trade NE just made.

This kind of thing is not new for ole Bill. Collins was a free agent whose negotiations weren't going anywhere. Maybe Van Noy is the replacement. Patriots got a compensatory pick and assured themselves he won't pop up on another AFC East team. Besides, with 2 of the best tight ends in the league, N.E. can expect to outscore nearly anyone. I have not seen the Patriots play since Brady returned but I bet Bellichick hasn't shown all his offensive cards yet this season. Surely they want to stick a finger in Goodell's eye after that expensive and unjust deflated football hoax.

The Patriots are coasting at this point.

fredgarvin

« Reply #151 on: 31 Oct 2016, 06:34 pm »
This kind of thing is not new for ole Bill. Collins was a free agent whose negotiations weren't going anywhere. Maybe Van Noy is the replacement. Patriots got a compensatory pick and assured themselves he won't pop up on another AFC East team. Besides, with 2 of the best tight ends in the league, N.E. can expect to outscore nearly anyone. I have not seen the Patriots play since Brady returned but I bet Bellichick hasn't shown all his offensive cards yet this season. Surely they want to stick a finger in Goodell's eye after that expensive and unjust deflated football hoax.

The Patriots are coasting at this point.

They are looking almost unbeatable. It is a Belichick type of trade and a good deal for the Browns.

randytsuch

« Reply #152 on: 1 Nov 2016, 09:09 pm »
Anyone watch the Monday night game?

Wondering how the Vikings looked so good early, and now look so bad?
Key seems to be putting pressure on Bradford.

charmerci

« Reply #153 on: 1 Nov 2016, 10:26 pm »
Anyone watch the Monday night game?

Wondering how the Vikings looked so good early, and now look so bad?
Key seems to be putting pressure on Bradford.

Part of it apparently is that the Vikes lost a lot of key defenders.

Trent Williams (All-Pro LT) of the Skins suspended for 4 games (Violation of "illegal" substance).

fredgarvin

« Reply #154 on: 2 Nov 2016, 05:00 pm »
Their o line is very leaky right now. I thought they would trade for a tackle but didn't. I see today that Norv Turner resigned as the OC.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #155 on: 7 Nov 2016, 10:26 am »
The Giants may have put their slump behind them (I hope).
Shame my antenna only picks up Baltimore stations.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #156 on: 7 Nov 2016, 02:11 pm »

And that's a problem HOW???    :cuss:

:thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #157 on: 7 Nov 2016, 02:20 pm »
And that's a problem HOW???    :cuss:

:thumb:

If you have to ask... :P

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #158 on: 7 Nov 2016, 02:31 pm »
 :lol:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #159 on: 7 Nov 2016, 02:33 pm »
The Giants may have put their slump behind them (I hope).

I wish I could share your optimism on the Giants.

Eli continues to pull a Jekyll and Hyde act, and until he gets more consistent, the Gmen are going nowhere.

George