Strangest gig you ever played.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Strangest gig you ever played.
« on: 28 Jun 2011, 01:00 am »
Well, I've got a couple. More than a couple actually but two I'll share with you.
There was this Dance Hall in Danville, Vt. Pop. around 2,000. I forget the name of the place, but I agreed to sit in for a friend of mine who couldn't make the gig. Come to find out the Dance Hall was on the second floor of a barn on a working dairy farm. The cattle were on the ground floor. Between songs you could hear the cows mooing and not in key.
The second was in a place called Bear Mtn. We had a regular gig there, once a month. Now, during hunting season this was rocking place in the middle of nowhere between Island Pond Vt. and N. Stratford NH. There were always fights and brawls as testosterone levels among the hunters was always high. This one night though, I saw this woman put a cigarette out on a man's chest. He reacted by punching her in the nose. Of course, no one saw what the woman had done, only the punch to the nose. To make a long story short, an incredible fight broke out. Fortunately our rhythm guitar player at that time, was a  Tai Kwon Do instructor. He grabbed a mike stand and defended the stage. We managed to go unscathed and played the following night to the same crowd.
So what your favorite war story?

dan s

Re: Strangest gig you ever played.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2011, 05:21 am »
The Camarillo State Mental Hospital, for the kids' ward, during the punk days, 1980. Enthusiastic crowd.

eclein

• Facilitator
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2011, 03:12 pm »
I was in a local band "The Band with No Future" and we were all in other bands but this was like a show up when you want to gig, Several of us always played so we had a good foundation and guys would just come sit on a bench we had out front...LOL.. We played a ton of benefits for local places that helped disabled folks, kids, etc... They would always ask for autographs so always signed stuff for them...big smiles = the greatest paycheck!! :icon_lol:

fredgarvin

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2011, 04:15 pm »
In the womens' prison in Oregon. It was 'interesting' watching all the couples snuggling.  :lol: