Pics of recent build - LDRxB Balanced Passive Preamp with new V25 boards

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio

ohlins

It looks much neater now ....

How about a picture for comparison ...??

enser

Here is a balanced v25 build I wrapped up. Not having a cnc machine makes life harder, but hand tools get the job done enough!  :thumb:

Had some extra copper sheeting and tape from a guitar amp build, love it.
The big heatsinks allowed me to go totally overkill with pre-regulation, but nothing beats clean power.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Here is a balanced v25 build I wrapped up. Not having a cnc machine makes life harder, but hand tools get the job done enough!  :thumb:

Had some extra copper sheeting and tape from a guitar amp build, love it.
The big heatsinks allowed me to go totally overkill with pre-regulation, but nothing beats clean power.

Congrats on the build. Nice work. Did you stack the V25 boards on top of each other? Couldn't quite tell from the pic.  How's it sounding?

enser

Thanks Morten! Forgot to mention the most important piece - the sound...  :duh:

I'm using it as a pre for my electrostats (MartinLogans) and the v25 LDR + xstats is like pb&j. Lots and lots of detail, absolutely silent- its like a direct wire through to the source. Hard to put it into words, but these boards are not leaving my setup. Very glad I took the plunge on LDR, nothing can touch it in my opinion (have built TVC prior as well).

Yeah, I stacked the boards- made sure I had a cm or so above the bottom board LDRs. It worked well because power and signal runs can stay segmented, and each board is essentially equidistant from the power and signal source. I'm all for keeping signal cable short as possible and it really works well stacking them.
Going overkill on the power circuit really paid off. Autocal is ridiculously fast. Already making another setup with these guys (as you know).