Make Better Recordings with just a few acoustic panels

JWL.GIK

• Industry Participant
    • GIK Acoustics
Greetings musicians! I thought some of you would be interested in this article & video demonstrating how to make more natural recordings with just a few acoustic panels. It covers the recording itself, but also goes into depth about how to mix the tracks with simple processing tools.

I remember when my acoustics light bulb went on as a recording engineer, it changed everything. I wanted to share some of this experience with you. Enjoy!

http://www.gikacoustics.com/make-better-recordings-with-portable-isolation-booth-absorption-panel/

drphoto

Re: Make Better Recordings with just a few acoustic panels
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2017, 05:37 am »
During the 2 years I was the FoH sound man for the cities most popular wedding band, I wish I could have had a truckload of your panels and especial bass traps. We played some truly awful acoustic rooms. And as the sound engineer, their's just not much you can do when your getting huge 300 to 400 msec slapback bass delay. It just becomes a muddy mess.

BTW I own GiK panels for my home audio and I think they are an awesome value. I've tried to steer some of my musician friends with home studios toward you products over the ever so popular foam crap.

Don't mean to sound like a shill....I'm just a satisfied client.

Hopefully more people will come to realize the room is a huge contributor to the final sound.

spence

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2018, 03:29 pm »
I also have GIK panels as well as DIY for my 2 channel system and home recording studio. I can't tell you how many times I see pictures of nice stereo systems in rooms that look like they'd have terrible acoustics. I realize because of WAF (wife acceptance factor for those who don't know), not everyone can do much about it, but even just a handful of removable panels can do wonders for the sound. If you're not using any, you're doing a great injustice to your ears.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2018, 04:01 pm »
Greetings musicians! I thought some of you would be interested in this article & video demonstrating how to make more natural recordings with just a few acoustic panels. It covers the recording itself, but also goes into depth about how to mix the tracks with simple processing tools.

I remember when my acoustics light bulb went on as a recording engineer, it changed everything. I wanted to share some of this experience with you. Enjoy!

http://www.gikacoustics.com/make-better-recordings-with-portable-isolation-booth-absorption-panel/

Interesting article. Very helpful. Thank you.
Lester