Acoustic Guitar through Tube Electric Guitar amplifer.

navin

Re: Acoustic Guitar through Tube Electric Guitar amplifer.
« Reply #20 on: 9 Dec 2012, 05:31 pm »
That was my original though concerning the built-in preamp.  Just a thought - have you tried a fresh battery in it?

Yes I did put a fresh battery in it.

Will take the guitar to a music store. That is a great idea. Better still when I go to the music store I will try the Acoustic- Electrics they have too. I'd love to find the sound Bob Seger uses in the first verse of Night Moves.

My son only needs the amp when he has to perform in the school auditorium. Maybe the solution would be DI into the school PA.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2012, 02:27 am by navin »

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2012, 06:41 pm »
Hey

Playing into the PA system with a DI should work good. Some people I know prefer it but I don't have the specifics. I don't believe you will ever be able to get close to the natural sound of your acoustic guitar playing into a electric guitar amp. Most players argue even using acoustic amps with acoustic pick -ups are not true enough to the sound of their brand of guitar. The strings are wound  except for the first two E and B strings on a acoustic guitar. The electric guitar does have a special set of strings where the 3rd string is wound which is normally solid to sound more acoustic. Not to mention the string materials are different between acoustic and electric. Also you can capture the acoustic sound with  microphones but you may have to experiment to prevent feedback.

Harrison

navin

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jan 2013, 06:28 am »
Most players argue even using acoustic amps with acoustic pick -ups are not true enough to the sound of their brand of guitar. The strings are wound  except for the first two E and B strings on a acoustic guitar.

Well I got an LR Braggs acoustic DI Box and while it still no where near the sound of an unamplified acoustic it is the simple and usable. The tone controls on the LR allow the guitarist to tailor the sound a fair bit.