Netflix: What to watch?

shahed

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #360 on: 8 Dec 2017, 05:01 pm »
Anyone tried watching this yet? I've heard it can be watched in German with English subtitles but for me it's coming in with English voice over. Is there a way to switch it?

You can access the subtitle menu and there's language option to switch to german language and english subtitles. Without knowing the platform you are using, I can't give you specific instruction. But this should help: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #361 on: 9 Dec 2017, 12:53 am »
You can access the subtitle menu and there's language option to switch to german language and english subtitles. Without knowing the platform you are using, I can't give you specific instruction. But this should help: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372

Thanks, got it to work!

nature boy

« Reply #362 on: 15 Dec 2017, 01:29 pm »
Godless.

NB

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #363 on: 15 Dec 2017, 05:36 pm »
Thanks, got it to work!
And if you use a computer to access the subtitles there are more options for font and etc. then a smart or tablet.

And  :thumb: For Godless. 

WGH

« Reply #364 on: 15 Dec 2017, 05:45 pm »
Godless.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fresh Air's Terry Gross really, really liked Godless and has an excellent interview with Scott Frank, the writer and director of Godless:

'Godless' Creator Was Determined To Put His Own Spin On The Classic Western
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/11/569874260/godless-creator-says-he-wanted-to-embrace-every-single-western-clich

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #365 on: 15 Dec 2017, 06:42 pm »
And if you use a computer to access the subtitles there are more options for font and etc. then a smart or tablet.

Good to know. I guess Netflix thought for its American audience they would release Dark with English voice over rather than in its original German. I know for some it's a distraction to have to read subtitles but to me it's more distracting listening to bad acting voice overs.

The Apple TV I normally use for watching Netflix has settings for language and subtitles but for whatever reason the German option has this other voice, almost like someone narrating the scene, that got really annoying. The Netflix menu for language actually had two options for German with one being normal with no secondary voice talking. Kinda weird.

mikejohn

« Reply #366 on: 17 Dec 2017, 04:56 am »
Just finished Godless.  Went in to it not expecting too much as I had not read any reviews beforehand.  Definitely one of my favorite Netflix originals.  Looking forward to another season.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #367 on: 18 Dec 2017, 12:12 pm »
Just finished Godless.  Went in to it not expecting too much as I had not read any reviews beforehand.  Definitely one of my favorite Netflix originals.  Looking forward to another season.

I find this is a great approach to Netflix content, in general.

TrungT

« Reply #368 on: 24 Dec 2017, 12:59 am »
The Five
"Harlan Coben's The Five"
 :thumb:

wushuliu

« Reply #369 on: 24 Dec 2017, 02:05 am »
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fresh Air's Terry Gross really, really liked Godless and has an excellent interview with Scott Frank, the writer and director of Godless:

'Godless' Creator Was Determined To Put His Own Spin On The Classic Western
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/11/569874260/godless-creator-says-he-wanted-to-embrace-every-single-western-clich

Scott Frank is one of the best screenwriters around. Didn't know he was involved. Will check it out. Thanks.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #370 on: 24 Dec 2017, 06:55 am »
My wife & I really enjoyed Godless. Great picture quality. Loved how they kept reverting back to fill you in on the storyline.

nature boy

« Reply #371 on: 30 Dec 2017, 02:01 pm »
Season 4 of Black Mirror is up.

NB

stlrman

« Reply #372 on: 30 Dec 2017, 04:04 pm »
Looking forward to BM !!!
I've been watching a ton of stand up comics . Many are very good.

won ton on

« Reply #373 on: 11 Jan 2018, 01:52 am »
Frank Zappa eat that question
John Coltrane
Frank Williams F.1.

Scott F.

« Reply #374 on: 11 Jan 2018, 03:06 am »
We're in the middle of binge watching The Travelers.

....completely hooked :thumb:

ebag4

« Reply #375 on: 21 Jan 2018, 03:14 pm »
Finished Manhunt Friday night, watched it in two sittings (only 8 episodes).  Intense and well done.  It grabbed me with the first episode.

Best,
Ed

cpelletier1

« Reply #376 on: 24 Jan 2018, 02:07 pm »
Altered Carbon (upcoming show) looks really good if you're into sci-fi

Scottdazzle

« Reply #377 on: 25 Jan 2018, 02:10 pm »
Ozark
Narcos
Godless

mcgsxr

« Reply #378 on: 25 Jan 2018, 03:29 pm »
Unabomber (I cannot stop saying "wudder" now!)
Ozark (cannot wait for S2)
Mindhunter (I liked Unabomber more, but this one is worth seeing)
Comedians in Cars getting Coffee - I admit I often like the cars more than the guests, but the conversation is interesting and fun to see some of these folks "out of character".

bentconvert

« Reply #379 on: 25 Jan 2018, 07:26 pm »
Low Winter Sun - Police drama set in Detroit. Worth watching and Detroit is a great backdrop for the show.

I've watched and enjoyed many of the shows listed here. Currently watching The Tavelers, will have to check out Unabomber as I liked Mindhunter.

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions. :thumb: