WBF meets the ULTRA VR-111 XS

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
WBF meets the ULTRA VR-111 XS
« on: 20 Aug 2016, 11:34 pm »
Hello friends,

Steve Williams the site founder and administrator of What's Best Forum just returned home to California after an epic trip to the Philippines.  While he was there he had the pleasure to see and hear several world class audio systems and listening rooms that most of us could only dream of including our ULTRA VR-111 XS and the VR-11 SE MkII's.   I will post a couple of links so you can read all about the systems and the wonderful people he visited while there.  My eyes went blurry from page after page of the details of his trip but I couldn't stop reading.  I hope you enjoy.

Over the next few days I will post many pictures of the ULTRA VR-111's throughout their build process:)

The first link is Steve's visit to all the wonderful sound rooms.

Jimmy's system will be the ULTRA VR-111 XS on page 4 and Jack's system will be the VR-11 SE MkII's found on the first page.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?21241-One-Amigo-Visits-South-East-Asia-and-Hears-Some-Amazing-Systems

This link was also great to read and full of many beautiful pictures of his trip

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?21250-Palawan-El-Nido-With-Jack-And-Margie-Duavit-The-Rest-Of-The-Story

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: WBF meets the ULTRA VR-111 XS
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2016, 01:26 pm »
..something that fails to get mentioned regarding Jimmy's system is the fact that his rear channel consists of VR9 SE MKIIs driven by multiple LAMM monoblocks...yep it's true..

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2016, 02:29 pm »
They used to be Gavin :) The 9s are singing happily elsewhere now as Jim decided to go strictly 2 channel. :D

violetmachan

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2016, 04:57 pm »
ho ho ho amigos !

looks like santa claus came early for  audio write-ups from steve to Jimmy , Jack and the gang.....albert must be smiling!!...that's some stellar collection of highest end audio gear and most stunning is the great human bonding , some genuine friendships made .....all in the name of listening to recaorded music!

looks like Steve and party have thoroughly enjoyed magical phillipines both in unrivalled hospitality , out of this world music at the palace of sound and jacks jazz club house and all the other contributors

Way to go guys....this may come to pass as ..."the must do visit for major? recorded music heads"!

I can only dream on  wangling a single day pass  :o!.....in time to come .....all in the name of schweikert sound , Jack

I am sure Steve is one blessed man!....rich in friendship and musical experience

Jack, with all the magic all around you....what are you going to do with your vr 11 se mark2.....are you not going for the vr101 or the ultra11!

I presume you and jimmy must be the only ones using an entire loom of mb- vsa ultra . How is the performance of the ultra power cables ....is it the last frontier in power cables in synergy with its ICS and SPC
Is it very much better than the vsa signature power cords and the top of the shunyata power cords

still passionate on VSA vr9se mark2! :thumb:

Sam

Holli82

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2016, 03:20 am »

still passionate on VSA vr9se mark2! :thumb:

Sam

Sam

I'm loving mine as well.  I'll check out the Ultra 9's when they are available and report back to you.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2016, 05:12 am by Holli82 »

violetmachan

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2016, 09:27 pm »
I do like that schweikert plan! :thumb:....Rodney
What about Chicago for Oct ?

still enjoying vr 9se mark2
Sam

JackD201

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2016, 04:28 am »
I've been remiss is answering your posts Sam. My apologies. Blame the new job :D  I'll get to do it promise!

As for U11s, well, they can't fit in my cargo lift and they can't be brought down the stairs either. The good men at VSA are studying how an 11 MkII might be brought to Ultra specs. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying what I have now. Besides if I need an Ultra fix, big daddy is only a few minutes away :D 

Holli82

« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2016, 05:25 am »

What about Chicago for Oct ?

Not this year Sam.  Hope you have a good time if you are attending

Rodney

Holli82

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2016, 05:27 am »
I've been remiss is answering your posts Sam. My apologies. Blame the new job :D  I'll get to do it promise!

As for U11s, well, they can't fit in my cargo lift and they can't be brought down the stairs either. The good men at VSA are studying how an 11 MkII might be brought to Ultra specs. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying what I have now. Besides if I need an Ultra fix, big daddy is only a few minutes away :D

Guess you need a new house Jack.  That's why you've been working so hard :duh:

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2016, 05:38 am »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to have to work a heck of a lot more to afford that!