matching a tube pre amp with my dac classic cherry amp

kedoades

I am on the hunt for a tube pre amp for my classic cherry amp.  I would like some pointers on how to pick a good match.  I know that the input impediance and output impediance is important but I am not sure what the specs should be to match them up.  Other than that is there any other specs I should pay attention to.  By the way I am looking at a musica bella leanna vtps preamp on audiogon has anyone heard that before? thanks

olesno

Re: matching a tube pre amp with my dac classic cherry amp
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2016, 12:05 pm »
I will be selling my ModWright LS36.5, excellent tube preamp.  I posted here about the synergy with my Maraschinos just few weeks ago.  Please PM me if interested.

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2016, 08:05 am »
   I am on the hunt for a tube pre amp for my classic cherry amp.  I would like some pointers on how to pick a good match.  I know that the input impediance and output impediance is important but I am not sure what the specs should be to match them up.  Other than that is there any other specs I should pay attention to.  By the way I am looking at a musica bella leanna vtps preamp on audiogon has anyone heard that before? thanks

I don't know that specs will be a whole lot of help, but they might.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2019, 09:59 am by GRACE RUBY »

kedoades

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2016, 04:13 pm »
  well there was another allnic l1500 tube preamp for sale and this time I made an offer on it.  It is fully balanced and is said to have a smooth mellow sound.  I hope to get this one to pair with my cherry amp

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2017, 04:00 pm »
Hello kedoades.
 I wanted to check in with you and see how the preamp was doing in your system.