Dayton Audio SAT-BK Satellite Speaker Pair Black $39!

chgolatin2

Thinking about purchasing the above speakers for a garage audio system, going to run my Jolida FX10 which has been modified by Mitch Singerman out of LA California.  Any word on these little gems?  They definitely fall under cheap and cheerful at $39 a pair :D :lol: :P :oops:

MaxCast

Re: Dayton Audio SAT-BK Satellite Speaker Pair Black $39!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2011, 11:31 am »
are you under a size constraint?  They seem a little small.
How about a little bit bigger?
http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-B652-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B002RMPHMU/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Also, check you local craigs list, you never know what you may find.

chgolatin2

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:47 pm »
I actually was looking at the pair that you recommended and these one's, they both have good reviews but one thing that I like about the Satellites is that they come w mounting hardware and besides I'm not looking for an audiophile type system in my garage anyway.  I may pair the satellite w a small sub, still debating though.  Thanks for the recommendations

Poultrygeist

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:58 pm »
You can't beat it for the price. Here's a review that says it sounds better than the PSB Image B25.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20005175-47.html?tag=mncol;2n

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2011, 06:03 pm »
I don't own the Daytons, but i have heard positive feedback about them. People say that they have clarity, (no buzzing) and decent bass. Overall, good value for the money.

chgolatin2

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2011, 07:23 pm »
I really doubt that these $40 speakers can beat PSB Image 25 because I have a pair w modified Xcrosser from Ninja and quite honestly their one of the best bookshelves that I ever owned  :scratch: so I'm a lil confused about that quote but every opinion is "subjective"

MLS

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2011, 09:28 pm »
I gave them to my 7 year old for her little system.  They are decent for a utility type system or as a pair of test speakers.  I got them for like $25 about a year and half ago.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:59 am »
are you under a size constraint?  They seem a little small.
How about a little bit bigger?
http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-B652-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B002RMPHMU/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Also, check you local craigs list, you never know what you may find.

One of my lady friends needed a pair to go with the Onkyo receiver I was playing around with a while back...I ordered a pair of these through Amazon for $39.  I fired them up today and I cannot believe how good they sound. They sound as good or better than the Paradigm Atoms I had several years ago. She was really happy with how they sounded. They actually have respectable extension in the low end. Add a subwoofer and pick up another pair or two of these things and you could really had an enjoyable HT system for super cheap.

I pride myself on the fact that almost my entire HT and 2-channel rig is composed of products from American companies (Magnepan, Tube Audio Design, SAS Audio, McCormack, etc), and I don't really like to buy products made in China, but in this case curiosity got the better of me. I don't know how anyone makes money on these things, cause I've never heard a speaker anywhere near this good for this money. Actually, I've never heard another speaker costing this little to begin with lol.

chgolatin2

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2011, 09:42 pm »
Sadly, mostly EVERYTHING is made in China nowadays~  What is made in American anymore and with SOLID American ONLY made parts and not out sourced?  Read an article on the newspaper the other day and it said the "Toyota & Honda" are the most American cars made today since they are made here, HUH?  Seriously????   :scratch: :x :cry: :(

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2011, 05:30 pm »
Sadly, mostly EVERYTHING is made in China nowadays~  What is made in American anymore and with SOLID American ONLY made parts and not out sourced?  Read an article on the newspaper the other day and it said the "Toyota & Honda" are the most American cars made today since they are made here, HUH?  Seriously????   :scratch: :x :cry: :(

That's why I love Magnepan's new ad slogan: "Magnepan: Made in America. Sold in China."   :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2011, 05:37 pm »
I have no problem with $25-50 speakers made in China.  It kind've makes me scratch my head when I see people buying $$$ speakers made in China when there are so many cool USA made speakers in the same price range.   :scratch:

Just my opinion....

J

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2011, 07:22 pm »
I have no problem with $25-50 speakers made in China.  It kind've makes me scratch my head when I see people buying $$$ speakers made in China when there are so many cool USA made speakers in the same price range.   :scratch:

Just my opinion....

J

Definitely agree with you. In addition to Magnepan, my other favorite speaker manufacturer is also American - DeVore Fidelity. Fantastic speakers for the money, and John DeVore is a great guy.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2011, 07:58 pm »
The largest speaker company in the world is still located in the good ole US of A.

Eminence, Kentucky population 6,000 is home to Eminence Speaker Company. In addition to a huge array of guitar speakers, Eminence makes the 10 inch full range drivers for Zu and Tekton. Their Alpha 15 inch full range bass driver has achieved cult status among DIY'ers.

ajzepp

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2011, 01:48 am »
The largest speaker company in the world is still located in the good ole US of A.

Eminence, Kentucky population 6,000 is home to Eminence Speaker Company. In addition to a huge array of guitar speakers, Eminence makes the 10 inch full range drivers for Zu and Tekton. Their Alpha 15 inch full range bass driver has achieved cult status among DIY'ers.
Nice  :thumb:

Doublej

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2011, 03:35 pm »

According to Hoovers Eminence has annual estimated sales of $25 million. If that's true it doubtful that they are the largest speaker company in the world. I think Peerless is a lot bigger and I suspect there are a number of others with sales greater than $25million/year.

jackman

« Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2011, 03:58 pm »
According to Hoovers Eminence has annual estimated sales of $25 million. If that's true it doubtful that they are the largest speaker company in the world. I think Peerless is a lot bigger and I suspect there are a number of others with sales greater than $25million/year.

Maybe they make the largest speakers!  Do they have a 44" woofer?

Poultrygeist

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2011, 05:08 pm »
"Eminence has become the world's largest loudspeaker manufacturing company"
  Producing over 10,000 speakers per day  - per their website

chgolatin2

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2011, 02:26 pm »
Just placed an order for the Dayton Audio B652 total of $69.00 for 2 pairs however, I was looking into Amazon and I found these which paired fairly well for just $100 whic are a steal as well.  What do you guys think? I may have my Daytons tweeter modified by the Ninja himself...  Dunno yet!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B1000-8-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B000OG88KY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3U80Q9YNNY7RV&colid=2FDYLXCLK92TX

Lastly I was looking into this Amplifier, this is for a garage setup so when I do my carpentry, mechanic or house work I could listen to some decent music.  Lastly I was looking into a subwoofer option so I looked at this amplifier below...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-631

srb

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jul 2011, 03:04 pm »
Lastly I was looking into this Amplifier, this is for a garage setup so when I do my carpentry, mechanic or house work I could listen to some decent music.  Lastly I was looking into a subwoofer option so I looked at this amplifier below...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-631

The link is to a subwoofer.  There is no link to an amplifier.

Steve