bdp-2 playing dsf file

alinto

bdp-2 playing dsf file
« on: 24 Oct 2016, 04:06 am »
I have tried playing some dsf files on the bdp-2 but the files are not playing. I want to make sure that i am doing this correctly. I have the bdp-2 connected to my meitner ma1 dac via usb. Do i have to use a certain usb port? Do i have to activate anything on the bdp-2? When i use the bryston ap and load a file to play, it sees the file and identifies it as dsf but refuses to play it. I might have to see if the files are bad but i want to rule out that i am doing anything wrong with the bdp-2.

Phil A

Re: bdp-2 playing dsf file
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2016, 02:42 pm »
Don't have a BDP-2 but have a Meitner MA-1. I assume the firmware update (of a few years) back was done on the Meitner to allow it to do DSF?  Have you done the below on the BDP?
"If your USB DAC is capable of
DSD over PCM (DoP), check
the box next to it. Note that in
our example, the built in audio
device (ESI Juli@) is not DSD
capable, nor is the Bryston BDP-
2 connected via USB below it.
However, the Ayre USB DAC is
DSD capable, and therefore we
have checked the box next to it.
4. Click Apply to save your changes.
The BDP will remember these settings and they will be applied each time the device is restarted."

alinto

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2016, 01:18 am »
I have updated the firmware on the ma-1 . When i look at the audio device section, it show audio device ready. It list the meitne usb audio 2-usb audio and bryston bdp audio device -buc board. beside each on the right is the word disable with uncheck box to the left hand side. I assume both are enabled and if i check the box this would disable them. 

OTM

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2016, 02:00 am »
There should be a check mark in the boxes, remember to press apply after entering the checks

srb

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2016, 02:32 am »
There should be a check mark in the boxes, remember to press apply after entering the checks

Then the checkboxes should be labeled "enable" and not "disable"?

alinto

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2016, 06:10 am »
That is what is confusing. It says audio devices are ready. beside both devices it says disable with unchecked boxes on the other side. So i have to put a check on both to enable them?

OTM

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2016, 07:51 am »
Yes there needs to be a check mark in the box.
A bit confusing, perhaps it is device is ready to be enabled once you check it.
Check pg 15 of bdp-2 MM manual

alinto

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2016, 12:50 am »
You are right. I had to check the box beside the dac. Everything is working properly.

OTM

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:24 am »
Great!
Happy listening
David